Photo
- - - - -

Charles Johnson restructures contract -saves $4.26 Million (old thread bumped)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
110 replies to this topic

#106 jdpanther5

jdpanther5

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

There are tenders for the 1st, 2nd, and the round which the player was drafted. Being that Hardy was drafted in the sixth, there's a good chance that last tender would be matched. You could also consider the exclusive and non-exclusive franchise tags as tenders.

Each tender can be placed on any UFA (who last played for your team) who has accrued 3 seasons to make them a RFA. The tenders cost more the earlier the round.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#107 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

and didn't we draft him in the 6th?  so we'd only be getting a sixth for him...that would suck.  He's having a very good

year.  Getty loves the lines, he's gonna hate to watch Hardy leave.  This is a tough situation.

#108 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

Dey Hate Us Because They Aint Us!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

and didn't we draft him in the 6th? so we'd only be getting a sixth for him...that would suck. He's having a very good
year. Getty loves the lines, he's gonna hate to watch Hardy leave. This is a tough situation.

No you sign him to a 1st round tender so if a RFA signs an offer sheet with another team that team has to give up a 1st not a 6th.

PITT WR Emannual Sanders was given a 3rd round tender by Pitt this past off season. The Patriots signed him to an offer sheet so the Patriots were prepared to give up a 3rd rounder for him. Something happened with the offer that voided it cannot remember.

#109 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

No you sign him to a 1st round tender so if he signs an offer sheet with another team that team has to give up a 1st not a 6th.

thanks I feel a lot better now

#110 jdpanther5

jdpanther5

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

and didn't we draft him in the 6th? so we'd only be getting a sixth for him...that would suck. He's having a very good
year. Getty loves the lines, he's gonna hate to watch Hardy leave. This is a tough situation.

He can be franchised, or you can assign him a 1st, 2nd, or round drafted (6th for Hardy) tender.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#111 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

Apparently it's Bump Day :unsure: