Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Panthers 2014 Free Agents

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
140 replies to this topic

#25 Fan01

Fan01

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:48 PM

Darvin Adams WR RFA Panthers TBD --

Derek Anderson QB UFA Panthers TBD --

Byron Bell RT, T RFA Panthers TBD --

Richie Brockel FB RFA Panthers TBD --

Jeff Byers C RFA Panthers TBD --

Bruce Campbell RT, T UFA Panthers TBD --

Jimmy Clausen QB UFA Panthers TBD --

Colin Cole DT UFA Panthers TBD --

James Dockery CB UFA Panthers TBD --

Brian Folkerts C ERFA Panthers TBD --

Graham Gano K UFA Panthers TBD --

Ted Ginn Jr. WR UFA Panthers TBD --

Jordan Gross LT, T UFA Panthers TBD --

Greg Hardy DE UFA Panthers TBD --

Ben Hartsock TE UFA Panthers TBD --

Domenik Hixon WR UFA Panthers TBD --

Brandon LaFell WR RFA Panthers TBD --

Quintin Mikell S UFA Panthers TBD --

Captain Munnerlyn CB UFA Panthers TBD --

Chris Scott G RFA Panthers TBD --

Jordan Senn OLB, LB UFA Panthers TBD --

Travelle Wharton G UFA Panthers TBD --

Garry Williams G RFA Panthers TBD --

I think we go heavy on the O-line during the draft and try to sign a big WR in FA.  I'd love Eric Decker.

#26 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

I wonder how much Ginn is going to want. He'd be worth a lot more if he could come down with those deep bombs he always burns his man on he is still great for us though.

#27 Matthias

Matthias

HUDDLER

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

If that cap calculator thing is correct, we should be 24+ million dollars under the cap next year. (After a few cuts)  That's not a lot of money to bring in top money free agents.  Considering we have some guys to resign of our own, that will leave us with less money to spend.  I love Greg Hardy, Mike Mitchell, and even Ted Ginn.  However, the one thing we shouldn't do is overpay any of them.  If they are looking for top dollar type contracts, then we should definitely let them walk.

#28 JBodnar39

JBodnar39

NEWB

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:06 AM

If that cap calculator thing is correct, we should be 24+ million dollars under the cap next year. (After a few cuts)  That's not a lot of money to bring in top money free agents.  Considering we have some guys to resign of our own, that will leave us with less money to spend.  I love Greg Hardy, Mike Mitchell, and even Ted Ginn.  However, the one thing we shouldn't do is overpay any of them.  If they are looking for top dollar type contracts, then we should definitely let them walk.

Nicks and Hardy are both going to demand large contracts and I don't think we can afford both.  Hicks is good, Hardy is elite. We can probably get somebody as good as or better than Hicks in the first or second round - Hardy we cannot replace with a draft pick. I think the choice is obvious. Hardy is going to demand $8-10 million a year and he is worth it.

#29 The Lone Panther

The Lone Panther

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:50 AM

Need to get rid of Anderson and draft or pick up a FA dual threat QB.   Braxton Miller (draft) or Connor Shaw (FA) would be my top picks. 

#30 poorboysrev

poorboysrev

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

I would not take Nicks over the possible cost of losing Hardy or Mitchell.  I would rather keep them and draft Benjamin or Robinson or whomever in the 1st or 2nd.

#31 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

Need to retain: Greg Hardy, Mike Mitchell, Jordan Gross, Travelle Wharton, Ted Ginn, and Captain Munnerlyn.

Need to gut: Jonathan Stewart and Charles Godfrey

No need to bring back: Brandon LaFail

Free agent(s) to look at: ''Jeremy Maclin'', Hakeem Nicks, Chris Clark, and ''Breno Giacomini''

#32 chris999

chris999

HUDDLER

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:07 PM

I didnt realize that Gross was up for contract...

That really sucks. Gross is a really good Left Tackle, but he is going to have to take a discount to stay here. Maybe we can draft a new left tackle and pay gross RT money and move him over to the right side, solidifying our oline. 

The bad thing about Gross is that he is on the down side of his career, and we have to worry about our younger players first. I really hope we can keep him, but we have to pay Cam, Hardy and Capt. first. We have to make these moves with the future in mind. 

#33 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

I didnt realize that Gross was up for contract...

That really sucks. Gross is a really good Left Tackle, but he is going to have to take a discount to stay here. Maybe we can draft a new left tackle and pay gross RT money and move him over to the right side, solidifying our oline. 

The bad thing about Gross is that he is on the down side of his career, and we have to worry about our younger players first. I really hope we can keep him, but we have to pay Cam, Hardy and Capt. first. We have to make these moves with the future in mind. 

I believe that Gross will make one more run on a discount unless we win the Super Bowl this season.

Im up for an OT in the draft, but wouldnt make sense to move Gross to RT. Gross is on the down side of his career, but is still playing at a very good level. Probably having his best season in a couple years. Unless a SB ring or injuries, I see Gross coming back.

I'm worry about not being able to retain Wharton. Wharton has been huge this season. Gettleman may feel that Amini and Scott/Chandler can get the work done for next year, but I want consistency at OL. Also, Amini is injury prone.

#34 Carson Keaton #1

Carson Keaton #1

NEWB

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:01 AM

That's a lot of player likely cut

#35 Carson Keaton #1

Carson Keaton #1

NEWB

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:02 AM

Jon Beason was already cut earlier this season he went to the NY Giants

#36 Dingo_ate_Babies

Dingo_ate_Babies

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

This is going to be an interesting offseason.  We've got a ton of pending free agents.  Here's my plan:

Franchise tag: Greg Hardy

Resign (mid-level money): Mike Mitchell, Captain Munnerlyn, Jordan Gross (one-year deal), Graham Gano

Resign (low-level money): Wharton, Ginn, Mikell, Hartsock, Lafell, Derek Anderson, Colin Cole

Tender: Bell (low tender)

Cut: Charles Godfrey (unless he'll take a huge paycut)

Restructure: Charles Johnson, Steve Smith, J.Stewart, Kalil

Extensions: Wait another year on Cam's new contract.