64 replies to this topic

#61 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

To the OP, I don't think any of us can even get a handle on what's happening internally right now.

Something that would make sense to me tho is:  Gettleman knows Rivera is not the answer.  There is no reason to eat up cap space on players that may not fit the next coach's system.  Gettleman may be letting Rivera prove himself with the guys he (Rivera) had input into acquiring.

It would all lead to your point about tanking the season tho too.  My only comfort is, if this is the way Gettleman thinks, is that I don't think we will go anywhere with Rivera leading this team.  Additionally, we all know how hardheaded Richardson is, so Gettleman would be wise to cool his jets on any talks of getting rid of a guy (Rivera) Richardson 'likes' (if he does); it's sad that is often how Richardson makes NFL business decisions. 

It's already very frustrating this season, but many of us could see this fiasco coming...even tho we hoped & prayed for the best.

This kind of crap is what makes perennial losers into the perennial losers we all know: Bills, Raiders, Browns, etc.  The Panthers need to try win at all costs b/c losing becomes a culture.

#62 wine-o and cheese-doodle

wine-o and cheese-doodle

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:43 AM

Every other coach the Panther's have had starts sucking by the third year of their tenure. Is there any reason to expect Chico to be different?

Something is screwing this franchise up.

#63 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

To the OP, I don't think any of us can even get a handle on what's happening internally right now.

Something that would make sense to me tho is:  Gettleman knows Rivera is not the answer.  There is no reason to eat up cap space on players that may not fit the next coach's system.  Gettleman may be letting Rivera prove himself with the guys he (Rivera) had input into acquiring.

It would all lead to your point about tanking the season tho too.  My only comfort is, if this is the way Gettleman thinks, is that I don't think we will go anywhere with Rivera leading this team.  Additionally, we all know how hardheaded Richardson is, so Gettleman would be wise to cool his jets on any talks of getting rid of a guy (Rivera) Richardson 'likes' (if he does); it's sad that is often how Richardson makes NFL business decisions. 

It's already very frustrating this season, but many of us could see this fiasco coming...even tho we hoped & prayed for the best.

This kind of crap is what makes perennial losers into the perennial losers we all know: Bills, Raiders, Browns, etc.  The Panthers need to try win at all costs b/c losing becomes a culture.

But he could still sign some to 1 year deals, then they would be gone by the time the next coach is selected.

I think he's looking ahead to the guys we have and want to keep. We still are hurting cap-wise next year. We can carry over our un-used cap space from this year to give us more space next year.

#64 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,230 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

The Cam and Gentlemen situation is very complex one but one I think will turn out well. Even Eli struggled his first few years far worse than Cam did and is still not consistent. That's with a very good oline and coaching staff.

#65 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,732 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

The Cam and Gentlemen situation is very complex one but one I think will turn out well. Even Eli struggled his first few years far worse than Cam did and is still not consistent. That's with a very good oline and coaching staff.

Never thought about that, but perhaps you're right. Eli does sail a few and has thrown a bit too many interceptions throughout his career for my taste. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com