Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are Cam and Rivera adjoined at the hip?

141 posts in this topic

Posted

You are dumb and obnoxious

Well now you've just gone and hurt my feelings.

1 person likes this

Posted

From what I've seen, Cam has had this team in a position to win nearly evey game he's played in since he's entered the NFL. I can honestly only think of a few where we were beaten outright with no hope at the end.

It takes more than a QB to win a game. Especially one as raw as Cam Newton. We all knew he was a project QB when he was drafted, which is why I wanted AJ Green instead. But after seeing this guy play... he is a beast. And HE IS GETTING BETTER. And he was the right pick.

Most thought he wouldn't start until this year, or best case last year. Which actually may have been better for him. But to say he hasn't shown improvement since day one is simply not true. He isn't the type of QB to completely dominate the game and dictate what defenses do yet, but he will be. Hopefully, that's as a Panther. Now, let's use some early draft picks on WRs and OL before we give up on an extraordinary talent like Cam.

2 people like this

Posted

Anyone who really knows this team, knows the decision on whether Cam stays or goes is above Gettlemen's paygrade, which is why this thread is dumb.

Posted

By not signing a top WR or OL mean that he feels Cam has the tools to win ?

So you're saying he felt the answer may have already been on the roster there too?

Well gee we've seen just how much we can trust with Gettleman with those decisions.

Posted

So he either felt the answer was already on the roster and we should have less trust in his ability now, or he is playing for next season or beyond and should be absolutely fired immediately.

I'm glad the honeymoon period is over with this guy two weeks into the season. Real encouraging.

Posted

Some of you guys really need to leave ESPN alone! You're even starting to sound like their anchors and articles. Cam isn't going anywhere. The only question for Cam is how much is he going to get paid on his next contract. That's the only debate! 

1 person likes this

Posted

When a rookie head coach drafts a QB with the first overall pick, yes they are joined at the hip. Cam in year three is still making rookie mistakes and it's frustrating to watch, almost like he hasn't learned anything his first two years

Posted

Cam newton is not guaranteed any more than anyone else.  I do not see how some think he is beyond criticism, as if his greatness has been confirmed.  It has not.  I still want him to become great, but this thread was about Gettlemen's timetable, not any poster on here-some of you need to stop acting as if you have all the answers and listen for a change.

2 people like this

Posted

To answer the thread title: f*ck no

Also, if Gettleman notices anything so far, it's that these coaches DO NOT understand how to utilize any of our offensive talent.  It's not just Cam.

This coaching staff will be gone first and foremost then we just gotta keep putting the pieces together. 

Posted

Apparently Cam is the first and last quarterback in the NFL to overthrow a receiver.

I wonder if Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers are considering replacing Kaepernick after the recent Seattle loss.

1 person likes this

Posted

From what I've seen, Cam has had this team in a position to win nearly evey game he's played in since he's entered the NFL. I can honestly only think of a few where we were beaten outright with no hope at the end. It takes more than a QB to win a game. Especially one as raw as Cam Newton. We all knew he was a project QB when he was drafted, which is why I wanted AJ Green instead. But after seeing this guy play... he is a beast. And HE IS GETTING BETTER. And he was the right pick. Most thought he wouldn't start until this year, or best case last year. Which actually may have been better for him. But to say he hasn't shown improvement since day one is simply not true. He isn't the type of QB to completely dominate the game and dictate what defenses do yet, but he will be. Hopefully, that's as a Panther. Now, let's use some early draft picks on WRs and OL before we give up on an extraordinary talent like Cam.
You took the words right out of my mouth, its crazy. I have/had the same mindset. We all down here thought AJ was going to the panthers definitely with him being from South Carolina. But then we got cam and I wasn't sold. But then his first season he blown me away with his talent and he can only get better. He just has to show everyone that his first season performance wasn't a fluke.

Posted

I think some of us need to take a step back and watch a few other games and see how other QBs play. All QBs make silly mistakes. All QBs miss throws that make you scratch your head. All QBs get sacked. All QBs throw interceptions.

No, Cam can not dictate a game like Peyton, Brees, Rodgers and Brady. But, these guys are future HOFers. Likely first ballet.

He keeps the team in every game. But the team usually blows the game/lead at the end. Is he above criticism, no. But neither are Luke, Star, CJ, Beason, Smitty, etc. The kid will never play a perfect game - it's not possible for anyone at that position.

2 people like this