Photo
- - - - -

Mike Mitchell's gameplan to beat the Giants: "wait for a fourth-quarter implosion."

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,676 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

Well, see, Rivera thinks the game ends at the end of the 3rd, so if we're up 21-20, he thinks we won.

Even though we'll give up 21 in the 4th and lose.

But moral victories and stuff.

From watching this team last year, it seems when our offense is clicking and working well heading into the 4th we usually win. It seem if we get at-least get 24 it improves our chance of winning. Past 2 seasons we're 7-2 scoring 30+ not bad

#32 OriginalPantherDan

OriginalPantherDan

Fan in Richmond, VA

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

a crystal-clear reflection of a ron rivera-coached team: play not to lose and hope the other team screws up at the end of the game.

guess what ron, 14 times out of 16 they never do.

this is 100% truth.

#33 restNChrist

restNChrist

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

Wouldn't it be nice if Mike Mitchell's game plan was to cause a full game meltdown on the part of the G-men!  Go out there and get a few picks young man!

#34 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

Chase Blackburn needs to start. With Beason gives up so many big plays, and Blackburn being so familiar with the Giants, it seems like a no-brainer. Of course we'll stick with Beason, it just make too much sense not to.

#35 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,684 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

I keep reading this hoping there's something that will make me believe it was tongue in cheek.

The more I read it the less I think it is.

There are two 0-2 teams in this game.  One of them has a reputation for blowing leads in the 4th quarter a staggering amount of the time - the other one recently managed to win a superbowl in spite of a bad start to the season.

Someone should take a belt to anyone in our locker room that's really counting on a 4th quarter meltdown by the Giants as part of their victory strategy.

#36 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,882 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

This has to be the worst trash talk I've ever seen.

#37 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

You've got to be kidding me...this is our Starting FS game plan, "wait for a fourth-quarter implosion." I seriously hope that he was joking...

#38 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,453 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

god if i was a giants fan this is the exact team i would wanna face if i was 0-2. i can't believe mitchell said that poo.

#39 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,295 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

I think DJ Moore is our best CB. Thomas and Dockery get too much flak but they're also serviceable CBs.

#40 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,685 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

Not sure if it's been mentioned but I believe Eli is second to Aaron Rodgers in yardage this season. He has just thrown a lot of picks in the process. If he stops throwing picks or our defense doesn't take advantage we will get annihilated just like last year.

#41 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

Could it be worse than we thought?

Zod, how much trust do you have in your source that Rivera will be canned if we lose? Serious question, I really think we need a new start..

#42 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,534 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

archaic football philosophy aside, this sort of mentality has to run contrary to everything jerry believes in.

#43 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,530 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

is there a chance we can resign Jimmy and put him out there?  that'd give the giants a real surprise, har-har.

#44 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

A get-right game for the Giants.  God I really really hope I'm wrong.

#45 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

Is this a joke? This season is a nightmare. Please Ron before they fire you get your stupid players to stop making comments to the press. How did we get this many screw up no talent idiots on this team? How? Now they want to run their mouths off to the press. Keep our dbs away from the press. They're terrible football players, they're stupid, and no one wants to hear their opinions. Line up correctly and run the correct plays for two games in a row, and then you can make one of your idiotic comments to the press. Damn this season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com