Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

x-post from /r/Panthers....how we're all feeling about Rivera

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#25 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

Now that we have legit comparisons you can edit your other post and hope that Rivera is a future HOFer

I don't edit and you can...well figure it out.

#26 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

I like when people compare Ron to coaches in the 70s and 80s before the salary cap and the invention/advent of free agency

#27 Fox007

Fox007

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

You're right, they aren't.

Cowher inherited a 7-9 team that had a very talented roster and played in a terrible division.

Rivera took over one of the most pathetic teams in modern football with a depleted roster and tough division.

So did John Fox and to this point Rivera isn't even on John Fox level....how sad is that?

#28 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:54 AM

I've learned that people will poo on Rivera just to poo on him.

#29 Fox007

Fox007

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

I've learned that people will poo on Rivera just to poo on him.

Yea because its not like anyone can poo on his W-L record.

Or his coaching decisions such as calling a TO for your opponent to line up and kick a game winning FG against you.

#30 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

I like when people compare Ron to coaches in the 70s and 80s before the salary cap and the invention/advent of free agency

They have to use coaches from the 70s and 80s, because if they don't, then the only coach they can point to is Gary Kubiak (And Bellichik if you stretch the parameters a little).  The people on the other side of the argument, however, have in excess of 60 examples they can cite.

#31 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

Guys guys guys. Can we please just ride this wave for a week or two? It feels nice. We can deal with the inevitable collapse when it gets here.

#32 NavyPF4L

NavyPF4L

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

Guys guys guys. Can we please just ride this wave for a week or two? It feels nice. We can deal with the inevitable collapse when it gets here.

No this tard just likes to bitch just for the sake of it. God forbid he not actually acknowledge what Rivera did yesterday and take away the positives.

PS. Fox coaches Denver now....  Just saying...  

#33 Rhell

Rhell

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

More like a Marvin Lewis if you are going to compare Rivera to another coach.  Could eventually be good with the right parts, I think we can

say our defense is way better than when Rivera got here.

#34 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

He's in his third year and we're still wondering if he's any good. I've never seen any head coach given so much leeway.

Texans coach Gary Kubiak's first three season records were 6-10, 8-8 and 8-8.  He posted a winning season (9-7) for the first time in his fourth year before going 6-10 again in year five.

Coaching the Titan, Jeff Fisher was 1-5 in his interim season, yet surprisingly retained the job full time.  He went 7-9 the next year, 8-8 the following three.  He did well (mostly) for the next five years but then in a three year span went 5-11, 4-12 and 8-8.

Dave Campo got a third season from the Cowboys after going 5-11 in both of his first two (and looking awful in the process).  He responded to that reward by going 5-11 again, at which point Jerry Jones finally fired him.

And the afforementioned Marvin Lewis?  One winning season out of his first six.  Sprinkled in there were three 500 years, a 7-9 and a final year of 4-12.  Plenty of reason to think he'd be fired then since the team was declining, but he wasn't.

There are plenty more examples.  It's not that unusual.

#35 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

Man, you guys slay me.

Anyone that looks at this team and cannot see how much better it is than when Rivera got here is just a plain ol' hater. Or just a fretful lil whiner.

This team plays better, less penalties, more focus, and is an all around much better team than it was 2 years ago.

By all your reasoning. Coughlin, McCarthy, Shannahan, Garrett, and even Kelly should all be on the hot seat. They are all coaches of losing team. Teams that folks thought were going to be better than there record indicates. What about Harbaugh brothers. Fire those fugs too I suppose.

You Madden playing, give it to me now kids are a hoot. No patience. Boo fuging Hoo. We aren't world beaters...yet. But, if you can honestly look at where this team is now, compared to where it was, and see no improvement? C'mon man.