Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Postgame comments from Hakeem Nicks

36 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

He'll be here next year.  You can quote me.

Posted · Report post

Perfect storm for Nicks heading to Carolina next season..

down year for Giants, lack of production from Nicks, he wants out,  ...

signs with the Panthers for less that what he is actually worth

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Nicks is going to playing for the Panthers next season. 

Iguaranteeit2.jpg

He looks too much like Morrie from "Goodfellas"

500full.jpg

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Would love to get Nicks. 

As a UNC fan this man can ball. 

Would be a nice #2 at the very least

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Today on the Drive, i thought i heard Smitty say he told Nicks after the game he would take him down here

Yes, you did.

Posted · Report post

Would love to get Nicks.

As a UNC fan this man can ball.

Would be a nice #2 at the very least

You know you actually lose credibility when you state you are a UNC fan correct. Just because he went to UNC and you pull for them comes of as biased immediately.

In other news, you are correct. Would love to have Nicks, Smitty, and Ginn. In other news, we need to lock Ginn down before the end of the season. If he keeps producing his market price could sky rocket. Lucky for us, charlotte is a nice city with little pressure of expectations so players love playing here. We NEED him though. Without Ginn I feel like we are back to the loss for words at having no targets.

Ginn was unfairly judged in San Fran and it's unfortunate for them now that they have a strong armed guy. But he landed here at a bargain price and I'm very thankful for that. Hell, he gives us the semblance of an NFL offense with an NFL receiving COR.

Posted · Report post

Nicks a Panther next year.

Posted · Report post

I'd love to get him for a hometown discount. 

Posted · Report post

I'd love to get him for a hometown discount. 

I think that he has to take a discount with every team. Nobody is going to give him multiyear contract with a lot guaranteed money due to his injury history. I think that he has to take a one year or two year contract and prove that he can stay healthy. But there will be a team that will offer him around 8 million a year (for 1 or 2 years) and the Panthers can't. 

Nicks could be a number one WR that we need, but he can't stay healthy and will be overvalued.

Posted · Report post

In the game thread before it started I said we would shut him down but I don't know if I would want him on the team after these comments. Did he know how bad Manning was getting abused? Kind of hard to throw the ball when you're laying on your back. 

Posted · Report post

Yes i know peple will disagree and yes I know Hardy showed out on Sunday but I would still sign Nicks over Hardy. We need a legit no 2 WR and future no 1 like badly and hes only 25. The middle of our D line would be fine with Alexander and CJ as our bookends and Star and Short.

Posted · Report post

what would yall consider a good contract?