Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thomas Davis

45 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I admit, I was a doubter. Have never been so happy to be proven so wrong.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Thomas Davis, Jon Beason and Luke Kuechely, seriously i don't see a better group of LBs in the NFL.

Well i don't care anyway,  Beason, Davis and Kuechly belong to the scenery of my life.

GO PANTHERS!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I don't get the under appreciated thing. Every time I mention the play of TD to someone they usually just grin and shake their head in wonder.

In my mind he should be Captain General of this team. When he talks I've notice the others listen.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yeah, he's pretty fucking awesome... and doesn't appear to have lost a step at all... he's as fast as i ever remember him being.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

There's no doubt that what he went through was nothing less than Blessed. I applaud him for his heart and will...

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I hope TD can walk later in life.  Three ACL tears...man that can't be good for your future, even if you managed to get back to playing health.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I've been saying it all season, Davis has impressed as much as anyone on the team.  He is blowing blockers up and delivering crushing hits almost every play.  He seems stronger and faster this year than ever.  

The two plays that stand out the most were from the Seattle game.  Once, early on when the Seahawks were backed up at there own goal line and he just runs right through a guard, puts the guy on his ass and didn't seem to slow down at all.  The second was the play here Wilson scrambles (possibly designed run, don't remember) out to left.  There is no one on that part of the field except TD about 10 yards out.  He goes full speed and stops Wilson dead in his tracks.  Probably the best open field tackle I've seen all season. His closing speed and tackling form were incredible.

Posted · Report post

Thomas Davis, Jon Beason and Luke Kuechely, seriously i don't see a better group of LBs in the NFL.
Well i don't care anyway, Beason, Davis and Kuechly belong to the scenery of my life.

GO PANTHERS!

Agree on paper, but Beason hasn't been playing so well thus far. Blackburn looked a lot, a lot better last Sunday.

Posted · Report post

Davis needs to move to weakside again. It is his best position and he only moved to accommodate Beason. No need for that now. Let Blackburn start at Sam. Beason needs to learn to play Sam as well or he really will lose value for the team. He needs to be a key back up and rotational guy for this year. Next year he needs to catch on with a 3-4 team and play inside where his diminshed speed won't be as detrimental. Feel bad for the guy.

Posted · Report post

Agree on paper, but Beason hasn't been playing so well thus far. Blackburn looked a lot, a lot better last Sunday.

Obviously and sadly beason is still injured.

A healthy Beason is one of the best LB in the league.

Thomas Davis was out for 2 years right?

Posted · Report post

It's funny this thread pops up when I am in the market for another jersey.  TBH, it was between TD and Keek, and I think I'm leaning more toward TD.

Posted · Report post

Obviously and sadly beason is still injured.
A healthy Beason is one of the best LB in the league.
Thomas Davis was out for 2 years right?

Davis came back and played well. Even before he reinjured his knee the second time in 2009 he had like 16 tackles vs the Eagles in the 2009 season opener. Beason if healthy still isn't a very good OLB. He just can't play that position. Beason was mediocre playing that position in 2010 when healthy.