Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Carolina Panthers Deangelo Williams Hitting His Stride

80 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Did someone really just bring AP into this discussion?

le sigh

Posted · Report post

anyone arguing that dlo is as effective a runner as anyone else in the league needs to get their eyes checked.

Posted · Report post

Having Stewart back will be a good thing. That one two punch was leathel for years.

Posted · Report post

I'll be happy when Stewart gets healthy because I love bruising rb's. But I honestly don't see Barner seeing the field very often unless we're blowing up another team-not-named-Giants as we played Armond Smith last game. Or Stewart or Williams gets hurt. Even then Tolbert will be 1st choice.

I have questions about Stewart though. Will he stay healthy? Ankle surgeries can be a bitch. The times he went down last year, it didn't take much more than a tweak the wrong way. No one rolled up his ankle, no one fell on it. How much better have the surgeries made his ankles? And when he was able to break free and head for the end zone, he was caught from behind fairly often. DeAngelo makes it to the end zone more often than not once he does break free.

I know, I know. Huddlers are all "the grass is greener on the other side" so you're kissing Stewart's ass right now. He's just another "over priced" rb on the injury list to me. His contract is worse than DeAngelo's. He has a ton of guaranteed money coming his way. Meaning JR pays him no matter what. If I can remember, it's about $15,000 but I could be wrong.

Bottom line, DeAngelo is producing and Stewart is not. I love watching DeAngelo run. I'm sure our oline does too. He gets himself so low and just goes streaking. Love it!

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Does anybody know how Stewart's rehab is progressing?  Is he able to run full speed with cutting yet?

Posted · Report post

It'll be interesting to see what happens when Stewart comes back, especially now that Shula is calling the plays and our o-line has been much better at running-blocking. J-Stew is the stronger runner inbetween the tackles, and trucks DBs and LBs like nothing.

Both D-Will and J-Stew could rush for a 1000 yards respectively again.

Posted · Report post

Disagree. He is being used wisely. He isn't as effective as any RB in the league.....which is why other RBs have more than just rush yards. They have rush TDs, they have receiving yards, they have rec TDs.

Williams isn't what he was. They are using him MUCH wiser than Chud did. Which is good

the fact that we are even comparing williams to the top running backs in the league is a testament to how well he has played in the first three games. if you are looking for something to complain about deangelo aint it because he has been a bright spot 

Posted · Report post

Who is complaining about deangelo?

ffs people

Posted · Report post

Both D-Will and J-Stew could rush for a 1000 yards respectively again.

2 1000 yard rusher isn't realistic.

Stewart would have to avg 100+ a game when he returns

Williams probably would still need to put up 30-60 a game in addition

Offense works when Cam is Cam. That means no sitting in a pocket and just handing it off....but him running and him throwing.

2 1000 yard rushers occurred when our QB play stunk and we tried to hide him. That feat isn't a good sign overall for our offense

Posted · Report post

the fact that we are even comparing williams to the top running backs in the league is a testament to how well he has played in the first three games. if you are looking for something to complain about deangelo aint it because he has been a bright spot

I am not complaint about him....he is doing a good job and Shula is running him smarter. Knowing what the can't do....

I just fail to see the need to suddenly start claiming he is a top RB in the NFL.....which he isn't anymore

Posted · Report post

2 1000 yard rusher isn't realistic.

Stewart would have to avg 100+ a game when he returns

Williams probably would still need to put up 30-60 a game in addition

Offense works when Cam is Cam. That means no sitting in a pocket and just handing it off....but him running and him throwing.

2 1000 yard rushers occurred when our QB play stunk and we tried to hide him. That feat isn't a good sign overall for our offense

Not true. Defenses these days are shifting away from great run-stuffing LBs and DTs/DEs for great secondaries. We'll be facing numerous 'questionable' run-stopping teams.

Posted · Report post

Not true. Defenses these days are shifting away from great run-stuffing LBs and DTs/DEs for great secondaries. We'll be facing numerous 'questionable' run-stopping teams.

You are still asking Stewart to rush for 100+ a game, and Williams 30-60 a game.

When this offense is explosive and rolling.....Cam is heavily involved. We don't have the OL nor should our offense be dictated to trying to obtain that.

Maybe if Cam got hurt.....

in 2009 Double Trouble was our best and really only chance for success.....that isn't the ace anymore

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0