Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Carolina Panthers Deangelo Williams Hitting His Stride

80 posts in this topic

Posted

i doubt he'll get much attention until he finds his way into the endzone.

bad thing for him in that regard is he's pretty much the 'between the 20's' guy. they've got other plans for other guys when they get in the red zone or at the end zone.

he has been really impressive, tho.

He will just have to get in the endzone with a bunch of long runs :-)      He has been close plenty of times this season, where just one more burst and guy and he was gone.  D'Will has that big play ability in him.  

2 people like this

Posted

Take a break CRA. Take a day off.

3 people like this

Posted

It's good to see DWill doing his thing out there. He will soon get in the endzone. Thats not a concern to me. He still has that threat to take it the distance. I say keep using him the way we are. With a good passing attack and ground game, we will keep opposing defenses on their heels.

1 person likes this

Posted

Take a break CRA. Take a day off.

If I take a day off...no one would be overhyping someone when I returned? I'll take that one if you can make it so. Deal. Don't let me down bud!

Posted

not sure why it matters if someone is overhyped by other people.

2 people like this

Posted

Having Stewart back will be a good thing. That one two punch was leathel for years.

He probably doesn't play this year.

Posted

Not true. Defenses these days are shifting away from great run-stuffing LBs and DTs/DEs for great secondaries. We'll be facing numerous 'questionable' run-stopping teams.

Awwwww this is so stupid and cute. Babbys first attempt at posting on the internet.

Posted

I really wouldn't want to mess with the chemistry if Deangelo is lighting it up. Same if Stewart were the starter and Deangelo was hurt.

1 person likes this

Posted

If I take a day off...no one would be overhyping someone when I returned? I'll take that one if you can make it so. Deal. Don't let me down bud!

Smh, so who is overhyped? And why does it matter?

Posted

Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson, Marshawn Lynch, Arian Foster... all running backs who are being out performed by the Carolina Panthers own Deangelo Williams.

Deangelo quietly ranks 4th in the entire NFL, yet you won't hear his name in the media.

Deangelo-Williams.jpg

Deangelo Williams

With the promotion of Mike Shula to Offensive Coordinator, the Carolina Panthers doubled down on a running game still being important in a passing league. A risky move, but it appears to have some early returns. The Panthers have the second ranked rushing attack in the entire NFL.

An amazing accomplishment given that Jonathan Stewart has been unavailable due to injury.

By far Deangelo's most efficient running has been to the left edge with blocks provided by Jordan Gross where Deangelo is averaging a whopping 6.9 yards a carry. Interestingly, his second most efficient running is behind the right guard, who this season has been a mix of players.

In a career with highs and lows, health and injuries, Deangelo has kept the right attitude.

It remains to be seen if a premier rushing attack can again elevate teams to the NFL playoffs. No one is more hopeful than Ron Rivera and Mike Shula, who have wagered on this notion with their jobs on the line.

You should go take Persons job. I'm sure he will pick up on the Forbes article and suggest reports of illegitimate children of Cams are popping up all over the QC. Your writing skills are adequate and your ability to find positives that require actually digging into. Plus they don't have to pay other freelance photographers when they have two in one.

Posted

As long as we can get the same consistency from our o line week in and week out, Deangelo will produce. We still need to make sure we are properly utilizing Tolbert each week too, he doesn't need to be on the sideline.

When Stewart comes back this season, I'm not expecting him to just slide back in immediately anyway. He's missed, what, all of training camp and preseason and hasn't played since last year? He's going to need time regardless.

Posted

Last time Stewart practiced or played a game was in November. Even when he's healthy enough to suit up, he won't be good enough for quite a while.

1 person likes this