Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zod

Carolina Panthers Deangelo Williams Hitting His Stride

80 posts in this topic

At least that terrible contract went to a really hard worker and even better person. You want true meltdown- see Haynesworth

Can't argue that....

With Stewart's injury concerns (and contract) he could be the first part we axe....we might hopefully end up with Williams playing a Fred Taylor role here. Maybe Barner can be his understudy like MJD was .....the young talented kid next season.

1 person likes this

I sure wish you folks that claim DWill goes down on first contact would get a clue. If you don't tackle him, he keeps going.

He had one run against Buffalo, and two against the Giants that if not for a saving tackle could have been home runs. Both the runs against the Giants he was hit multiple times and still almost broke it. One run was up the middle, one on a pitch from Cam. So he can still break it from anywhere.

If you do not wrap him up, he is still dangerous. The powers that be want us to have a semblance of balance. So far, DWill has allowed them to achieve that. I can live with that.

1 person likes this

I don't realistically see how Stew is just going to jump right back in.  The dude hasn't even seen the practice field since November and he's coming off an ankle surgery.

Deangelo is doing fine right now, if Stew sees action it needs to be minimal unless he proves he's ready to go... no way in hell we should split the reps equally between them at this point.

Stewart is a back I prefer to watch, but seriously, there isn't much reason to even talk about Stewart.

Esoecially since he's not currently healthy and on the roster. PUP doesn't count.

Williams has done well splitting carries, other wise there would be no such thing as double trouble.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/09/26/4344829/deangelo-williams-among-nfls-top.html#.UkWZBYbih58

“He’s just hitting the hole hard. When he’s going, he knows where he wants to go. He hits that crease, it’s one cut and he lowers his shoulders and goes,” Rivera said. “There’s not a lot of dancing. He’s very decisive. He’s got great vision right now.

“When a running back’s in a rhythm and has great vision at the time, he’s going to see a crease, stick that foot in the ground and go vertical. He’s not going to go side to side. A lot of his runs are not over here are not over here hitting this crease and all of a sudden coming all the way back and cutting back. It’s, I’m over here, I see the crease, I’m downhill, I go and I take my seven, eight, nine yards in a chunk. If it becomes more, great.”

Good comments from Rivera anyway
1 person likes this

I don't realistically see how Stew is just going to jump right back in. The dude hasn't even seen the practice field since November and he's coming off an ankle surgery.

Deangelo is doing fine right now, if Stew sees action it needs to be minimal unless he proves he's ready to go... no way in hell we should split the reps equally between them at this point.

Well we need to give Williams, Barner, Tolbert and Stewart work when they return....and Cam needs to continue to run more.

Best rushing on Sunday wasnt DWill it was Newton.

Hopefully Barner can start doing a little something soon....I think once he starts getting on the field people will see there is a difference in burst and explosiveness

At this point, I am more interested in seeing Barner. Even if Stewart comes back, it will be quite awhile before he gets back to the wrecking ball we know and love. Now if we could somehow make it to the playoffs...