Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zombies.... Can it really happen?

36 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Actually i loved world war z and thought Pitt played it pretty nicely.

Posted · Report post

all of those movies are overrated and most are only good the first time.  yes, actors are suppose to become the character.   that's why its called acting, and not recitation.  brad pitt is brad pitt no matter what role he is in.  the only exception is 12 monkeys, and its just a gimmick.

Posted · Report post

I will say this now, I have had a terrible man crush on Brad Pitt for like a long time now.  I can't help it...  It's that dern smirk!

That out of the way, WWZ as a film was fun, light, and rather silly.  The waves of zombies were actually quite funny.  In a completely ridiculous scenario, the solution was actually kind of intelligent.  I like that the movie took parts directly out of the book, which was also fun, silly, and light.  Zombies as undead walkers are a fantasy.

The reality of a true zombie outbreak is going to look a lot more like a scarcity event, like water or food.  I'm re-reading WWZ, and I just read the part about the celebrity house, and I see that as a much more analogous event.  Like, we're all starving, and there's our celebs hiding in a fortress while the rest of the world crumbles, and posing a live web feed of them partying.  Yeah, lets tear those walls down!  

When something we really need becomes scarce, then we'll see a "zombie" apocalypse in the form of the sick, hungry, and homeless.  It would actually be a lot worse than if everyone was a mindless zombie.  Instead they will be good people, turned desperate, giving into their darkest desires as they try to get some fulfillment from the last moments of their lives.

Another interesting read in this vein is "One Second After" which was written by a buddy of Newt Gingrich.  It details how the community of Black Mountain, NC and Montreat College survive after EMPs are detonated above the US, disabling all microchips and electrical systems.  That's a more likely Zombie Event.

Posted · Report post

it wouldn't take a virus to make people turn into cannibalistic animals

world war z was a terrible movie from beginning to end

Posted · Report post

Zombies?

Yes it is possible.

There is actually a relatively popular religion based on the premise.

Posted · Report post

why is every zombie prepper i meet a fat neckbeard?   how the fuck are you gonna survive a zombie apocalypse if you can't run 100 yards without dying?

you'd think physical conditioning would be at the top of the prep list, cuz sooner or later you're gonna run out of ammo, gasoline and food.

Posted · Report post

I doubt there will be some sort of parasite/virus/bacterial infection fueled zombie phenomenon.

What you really need to be prepared for is when the economy collapses because of politics/lack of resources/natural disaster and everyone eventually becomes cannibals. Imagine gaunt, zombie-like, hungry people with intelligence and the ability to shoot guns coming to try and cut some bacon off your back.

Posted · Report post

Undead zombies?  No that will never happen.

The real zombies are desperate, hungry, sick people.  Prepare for them.  They will have firearms.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Undead zombies? No that will never happen.

The real zombies are desperate, hungry, sick people. Prepare for them. They will have firearms.

They will be looking for water! That's going to be the big, next crisis. Then food and homes...

Fun future. About time to get off terra firma.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

Brad Pitt isn't Marlon Brando by any means, but I don't think he's completely terrible.  He brings a certain charm to his roles, and hell, that's what people like about him.

Sean Connery, as awesome as he is, is literally Sean Connery in every fucking movie he's ever played in.

Posted · Report post

shirley temple brought a certain charm to her roles too

Posted · Report post

No...no rising from graves from some mysterious liquid leaking into the ground in a graveyard.  No one taking a shot to the heart or some other vital organ and still coming at you...not impacted by hydroshock. 

Now...28 days later?  World War Z virus types?  I could see that.  Maybe more like 28 days later than anything else...a rage virus.  We've seen how some drugs can cause wild psychological responses and allow people to do things they'd not normally do.