fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,206 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

http://www.panthers....b0-19cbc7c6b8d1

Talks about Hardy and the team's defensive performance. Says that the typical defensive lineman makes an impact play every 4-7 snaps, but that Hardy averaged 1 every 2.3 snaps against the Giants. Says sacks and tackles don't tell full picture, and that Hardy is generally misunderstood, has matured tremendously and worked very hard, deserves the recognition he is getting.

Said Byron Bell texted him after the Buffalo game, apologizing for his play, and they talked about it during the week. Byron bounced back very well, didn't give up a single pressure.

Robert Lester and Melvin White are roommates who seem to have a fast-growing friendship, and that relationship helped them once on the field together. Said Kawann and Star are forming a similar bond.

Talked about Ginn starting to show flashes of contribution beyond merely running go routes, and was perplexed that teams didn't try harder to use him as a receiver. Ginn is extremely thankful to be given any opportunity he gets, and acts like a professional. Saif players get labeled early on and that one has to be careful not to buy those labels just because not all circumstances are the same.

Said he ended up giving game balls to the entire defensive line, because they were challenged as a group to carry the team and responded better than he ever hoped. Said Star's workout for the Panthers before the draft was merely average, which gave them pause, but he chalked it up to conditioning and said the game film told a different story.

He also finished the conference off with an unscripted moment: when asked if he will enjoy the the off week he wryly quips "heck yeah!"

#2 Guest_Spider Monkey_*

Guest_Spider Monkey_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

I'm staying on the Rivera bandwagon. And will watch as all the arm chair GMs jump off the burning Harbaugh wagon.

#3 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

Thanks for the summary!

Rivera's right about Ginn - not all circumstances are the same.  Ginn's got Cam throwing to him now, and probably has gone through enough to know he won't be given a shot to play receiver forever.  He's got talent, that much is clear.  He was a great offseason pickup, and hoping he continues to make an impact.

#4 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,563 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

Let's just hope he keeps it up.

#5 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,893 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

Please Ron, keep that spine you magically grew last week. I honestly like you and want you to succeed here.

#6 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,799 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

i really hope sunday's win was largely a response to rivera's coaching and having the cojones to go for it on fourth down at the beginning of the game.

if so we may see more ballsy ron next week against the cardinals as his fear of being bitten in the ass by ballsy calls dissipates. 

#7 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,716 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

i need to see more. still don't trust ron.

bell texting rivera after the buffalo game was nice to hear. and him responding well against the giants.

i want to believe in ron, but i need to see more of that 4th and 1 kind of playcalling. trust Cam.

#8 Strawman

Strawman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationKissimmee FL

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

One win does not erase all the frustration he's caused me on Sundays.

#9 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,795 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

I do not trust Rivera. Yeah, I said it. Need more than this win to make me trust him.

#10 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

Are Mike Craft and Byron Bell related?

#11 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

Get three wins above .500 and I will sing his praises, until then ehhh..

#12 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

Nothing better for the team than a coach who the players like actually succeeding. I like Ron's person and hope he succeeds. He also needed this after all he's been through. You think you feel let down after a loss, how do you think he feels? Lol

#13 Strawman

Strawman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationKissimmee FL

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

Nothing better for the team than a coach who the players like actually succeeding. I like Ron's person and hope he succeeds. He also needed this after all he's been through. You think you feel let down after a loss, how do you think he feels? Lol

I would personally feel a little better if I knew I was pocketing 11.2 million dollars win or lose.

#14 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,893 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

Rivera is a lousy game manager and fails to make in-game adjustments, but Carroll has those similar intangibles. The difference between the two, however, is that Pete is a risk taker (all or nothing) when the game is on the line.

#15 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

I would personally feel a little better if I knew I was pocketing 11.2 million dollars win or lose.

There comes a point in your life when money does not mean as much. Some would rather be known as the $11.2 million winners than $11.2 million failures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com