#16 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

Feel good presser on a feel good week.  Can't fault anything in the interview.  Kick ARZ's ass next game and I won't watch with half as much hesitation.

fox.jpg

#17 cranky

cranky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationLocust, NC

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

I like Rivera and have always thought he will make a hell of a good coach - if he can just learn to manage the game a little better. He's close - very close. There's no guarantees but I'd bet on his success.

#18 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

I hope Rivera can keep this ship going in the right direction.  

As for Ginn, I think he's right.  Ginn was a reach by the Dolphins(he was a projected late 1st rounder at best), and was expected to be an immediate #1 WR for a team that had major issues at QB(and everywhere else).  Some people can respond to that pressure, and are ready to respond to that pressure, and some people aren't.  I think being here with Proehl and Smith, who was labeled a similar way and is a similar player, has really helped him.  It's a shame that we're getting him at 28, because I want someone like that to build a career with Cam. But if he could somehow keep going for 3-4 more years that'd be great.

#19 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

Hopefully Ron grows some balls. 

I cant stand to see coaches playing scared and not to lose. 

I would feel much better about a loss knowing we went for it and left it all on the field than losing playing like some scared girl. 

#20 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,001 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

I love what he said about Ginn coming to him and saying nobody's given him a chance like this before. I hope he wants to stick around here for a long, long time.

#21 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,001 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

Comment re: Star's rookie workout and being careful not to fall in love with how a guy performs in shorts is pretty funny considering how he annually crowns Armanti the "Great in Shorts Training Camp MVP."

#22 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,501 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

I'm happy to see Ron finally putting it all together as a HC.

Last Sunday was a step in the right direction after way too many inexplicable steps backwards. 

However, Ron has two years of inept decision making to overcome, especially when it comes to crunch time.

Hopefully DG and Jerry accept nothing less than post season wins by Ron before they entertain any thoughts of retaining him for another season.

#23 Krucid

Krucid

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:00 AM

I like Ron i really do and i want him to succeed, as i am sure we all do. However, when the game is on the line he has to start trusting his players to win it. 4th and 1 you have to go for it. Heck even if you are only up by afew points. If the field position is right you got to go for it.

Basically if you go for it and the players fail then at least you fuggin went down swinging.

If he will start making better decisions i think he will end up being a good coach. Players like him and that means a lot. Maybe this is the year. Maybe this last game was the light bulb coming on. Guess we will find out come the 6th.

#24 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

There comes a point in your life when money does not mean as much. Some would rather be known as the $11.2 million winners than $11.2 million failures.

Oh 'hell to the no' on this comment.

Why don't we just go to, we will pay you if you win contracts if that were the case.

#25 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

Like Ron also....want to see him succeed here.Very honest guy and actually answers questions. Hope this whole thing turns around for his sake,the Panthers,and ours.

#26 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,764 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Its a great win and im optimostic about this team this season, but those who claim ron has turned the corner may be jumpimg the gun.

Dont get me wrong he did a great job last sunday, but im not convinced ron has turned that corner until we start winning close games and managing those close games well on a consistant basis.

#27 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,874 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:05 PM

He wins against Arizona ill start believing. I think he's got some big decisions coming up in the secondary when guys get healthy

#28 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,807 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:12 PM

The fact that Fua is back on the roster and actually playing is keeping me from liking Rivera.

Re-watch the NY game, the few good runs up the middle...guess who's in.

#29 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,687 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

I would personally feel a little better if I knew I was pocketing 11.2 million dollars win or lose.

he doesn't do it for the money.
His financial situation has nothing to do with hiw he coaches/does his job.

I know that's probably alien to you.

#30 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,810 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

Those wins we got at the end of last year had people saying Rivera finally figured it out and turned the corner. Then we started 2013 off going 0-2, with one being a signature "play not to lose" Ron Rivera loss to the fuging Bills.

He needs to consistently (key damn word here) play to win games like a man that has a pair of giant balls.

I want him to succeed here. He's a likable guy and all, and I don't want to have to start all over again. But if we have another devastating close loss because he went conservative, then he needs to go. There's no more excuses.

Again, I truly hope that he is finally getting it and changing his ways. We will certainly find out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com