Photo
- - - - -

Government Shutdown

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
519 replies to this topic

#511 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:04 AM

Venom can we just commission a sticky post from you that says "both parties are the same" so it does not have to be repeated 5 times a day everywhere else?

How about 6 times a day? I can do that instead if it would better help you guys come to terms with his reality. Sound good?

#512 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

no since that's the opposite of my request mister supersmartypants

#513 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

HUDDLER

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

no since that's the opposite of my request mister supersmartypants

It's about time you recognized my superior intellect.

#514 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

HUDDLER

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

It's about time you recognized my superior intellect.

1049.gif

#515 mav1234

mav1234

HUDDLER

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

imo the "these parties are exactly the same on the issues that matter" demonstrates a close-mindedness to issues outside of those you think are important... which I am kind of surprised by you, venom.  I realize what you feel is important are what you described, but for others of us that see issues or political reality a little differently we might see that there is a difference between dems and republicans that you don't, and I don't think that makes us less enlightened, just with different world views.  I would have agreed with you at one point, but especially now with tea party power I just can't.

#516 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

HUDDLER

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

If someone said the two major political parties in America are largely beholden to corporate and plutocratic donations/interests, and that it threatens our democratic principles, I would whole heartedly agree.

If someone said there is no difference between the GOP and Democratic Party; then I would have to submit the hundreds of thousands of dead/wounded civilians and soldiers due to GWB administration's illegal invasion of Iraq as evidence to the contrary.  

Even in this last election, the GOP demonstrated that they had learned nothing from Iraq.  The Republican presidential candidate had a hard-on to attack Iran, imploring voters to support yet another costly international conflict. 

In contrast to the GOP's predictable MIC profiteering and warmongering approach:

President Barack Hussein Obama's Democratic administration is currently holding talks with the Iranians to peacefully resolve our differences.  

#517 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

HUDDLER

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:43 AM

President Barack Hussein Obama's Democratic administration is currently holding talks with the Iranians to peacefully resolve our differences.  

oh yeah well we all know that's because he needs to put down the koran

#518 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

HUDDLER

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

brb gonna post in tea party thread

#519 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

HUDDLER

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

Last administration is over.

This administration will have increased the debt more than all presidents combined before his tenure is done. 

Wow.

Are you really that clueless and have no idea how the economic blunders of an administration cause problems for years?

What, do you believe there's some sort of statute of limitations and as soon as some mythical, random date is reached it's no longer his problem or no longer deserves to be held responsible?

Hell, we're still paying for the trickle-down, voodoo economics of the Reagan years.

#520 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

HUDDLER

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

I don't mean to downplay the obvious differences in social ideology between the right and the left, I just view this arena as a symptom to a much bigger problem. The bigger problem is the culture of fear, division, manipulation, struggle, and survival, projected unto us by the societal engineers. These engineers are primarily the Banks (the Vatican) and the Military Industrial Complex. It is they who pull the strings of Washington and the media, along with geopolitical organizations such as the CFR and Trilateral Commission. The system itself is the disease, enabling the social injustices that we face in today's society. Unless we dethrone the puppeteers, any victories on this front are no more than band-aid solutions and a rouse for division and distraction from the much larger picture. Both the left and the right are the enablers [among many] of today's divisive culture, and it is because of this that I see them as one in the same.