Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Something Neat I Noticed From Giants Game

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Cam likes to exaggerate his failures. It could have been a little better placed but it wasn't a bad one by any stretch.

Agreed.

Posted · Report post

He's a free agent at the end of this season

Yes.  I knew this.

Posted · Report post

Get the feeling that Newton to LaFell is the future of the Panthers, just as Delhomme to Smith once was...know what I mean?

Not really.  I mean Lafell might end up being a good receiver, but I can see him ever being the threat that Smith was. 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

This play was perfectly called and well executed. I won't say perfectly executed because the throw was a little off, but the play was such a thing of beauty the defender didn't stand a chance even with a less than perfect throw by Cam. I believe Cam was a little timid to put too much on the pass and tried out his ability to put the right amount of "touch" on the ball. The result was 6 so good job all around.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

That's my QB.

He's flawed but if you asked whether or not I believe he can take us to the promiseland I wouldn't take a microsecond to answer that.

Posted · Report post

nice design play. lots of options. 

dude in the flats to the right wide open. 

smith with a step on his guy cutting across the middle. 

Posted · Report post

The throw was great whether Cam realizes it or not. :P

Posted · Report post

who was it that was trying to say it was a bad play and if the defender hadn't had his back turned it wouldn't have been a touchdown

lol

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I like that Cam is throwing his WR's open like when he threw to Smith and Lafell with Ross covering them (with his back to Cam). He throws it to the side where his receivers can make a play and they did. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

That throw and the throw to Smith right behind Ross' back really show you how Cam has developed as a passer. He still has a ways to go, but you can't deny he's learning the nuances of the position.

Posted · Report post

On this particular play, the ideal throw would have been deeper into the back corner, completely removing Ross from the equation after he bit on the fake. However, I'm not complaining - a TD is a TD and LaFell did his job well.

Posted · Report post

To the OP

"Sssshhhhh"

Don't you know, you're not supposed to report and document that Cam can actually read defenses on occasion :startle:

We're supposed to believe it's the other guys who actually CAN'T READ THEM  (RG3 and Kaepernick) that can. And/or the one's who are still developing--like Cam (Luck, Tannehill, and even Wilson). But "Oh No", not Newton.  :devil:

As far as the pass? It wasn't a perfect throw. However, that's the NFL. An NFL level receiver, should have still caught it. And luckily (for the Panthers) Lafell did.