• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,492 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

This play was perfectly called and well executed. I won't say perfectly executed because the throw was a little off, but the play was such a thing of beauty the defender didn't stand a chance even with a less than perfect throw by Cam. I believe Cam was a little timid to put too much on the pass and tried out his ability to put the right amount of "touch" on the ball. The result was 6 so good job all around.

#17 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,754 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

That's my QB.

He's flawed but if you asked whether or not I believe he can take us to the promiseland I wouldn't take a microsecond to answer that.

#18 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

nice design play. lots of options. 

dude in the flats to the right wide open. 

smith with a step on his guy cutting across the middle. 

#19 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,910 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

The throw was great whether Cam realizes it or not. :P

#20 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,681 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:58 AM

who was it that was trying to say it was a bad play and if the defender hadn't had his back turned it wouldn't have been a touchdown

lol

#21 Blackmagic

Blackmagic

• ALL-PRO
  • 231 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

I like that Cam is throwing his WR's open like when he threw to Smith and Lafell with Ross covering them (with his back to Cam). He throws it to the side where his receivers can make a play and they did. 

#22 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,999 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

That throw and the throw to Smith right behind Ross' back really show you how Cam has developed as a passer. He still has a ways to go, but you can't deny he's learning the nuances of the position.

#23 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,004 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:13 AM

On this particular play, the ideal throw would have been deeper into the back corner, completely removing Ross from the equation after he bit on the fake. However, I'm not complaining - a TD is a TD and LaFell did his job well.

#24 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

To the OP

"Sssshhhhh"

Don't you know, you're not supposed to report and document that Cam can actually read defenses on occasion :startle:

We're supposed to believe it's the other guys who actually CAN'T READ THEM  (RG3 and Kaepernick) that can. And/or the one's who are still developing--like Cam (Luck, Tannehill, and even Wilson). But "Oh No", not Newton.  :devil:

As far as the pass? It wasn't a perfect throw. However, that's the NFL. An NFL level receiver, should have still caught it. And luckily (for the Panthers) Lafell did. 

#25 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

Double

#26 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,171 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

I don't remember who, but there were a number of guys that insisted that this was a "bad" or "lucky" throw by Cam.

Yes... yes they did.

The announcer said it when it happened.  Any time you have the DB's back turned it is not a bad throw.  However, there is reason to believe the ball was underthrown--should have been toward the corner/sideline more I feel pretty sure--but it worked.  Had Ross (who had been badly beaten) been able to get a hand on the pass as it entered Lafell's bread basket (he came close), there obviously would have been more discussion about the location of the pass.

#27 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,654 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

Not really.  I mean Lafell might end up being a good receiver, but I can see him ever being the threat that Smith was. 

You mean you dont think LaFell is going to be one of the top 20 players to ever play the game? Wow, I am glad I have that analysis. Could that statement have sucked anymore than you think LaFell does? lol

Maybe we should go get that guy in NY that had 0 catches but is obviously better than LaFell, hahaha

#28 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,999 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

Billick, right away, said it was a good pass that demostrated the level of confidence Cam had in LaFell.

#29 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:38 AM

Cam likes to exaggerate his failures. It could have been a little better placed but it wasn't a bad one by any stretch.

the throw should have been over Lafell's sholder so the defender had NO chance of touching it.

Bad throw.........but great result.

#30 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,331 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

the throw should have been over Lafell's sholder so the defender had NO chance of touching it.

Bad throw.........but great result.

uh no

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com