38 replies to this topic

#1 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,494 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

Someone please help me out with a link because I am doing this over the phone but they are challenging several of the provisions of the law on the basis of racial discrimination.

#2 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

http://www.foxnews.c...over-voter-law/

First link from google.

#3 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 8,671 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

This is gonna be good. State vs Feds. Make ur bets ladies and gentlemen.

#4 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

This is gonna be good. State vs Feds. Make ur bets ladies and gentlemen.

Feds will always win.

#5 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,726 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:55 AM

Holder needs to read the Shelby decision...

but he won't...because he's a dumb-A.

#6 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 8,671 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

Feds will always win.

Oh I know, it's just sounds cool lol

#7 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,726 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:14 AM

So, will Holder sue the majority of US States?

14 states allow straight party voting. North Carolina now joins the 36 other states that do not.
15 states allow NO early voting or no-excuse absentee voting. (Those include NY and Mass)
32 states allow early voting ranging from 4 days prior to election day to 45 days with an average 19 days. North Carolina allows 10 days but requires the same number of hours of early voting that was available in 2012 and 2010 when the early voting period was 17 days.
Only 1 state allows same day registration during early voting. NC was the only other state to allow this and has now joined 49 states in not allowing same day registration during early voting.
11 states allow same day registration on Election Day. North Carolina does not.
5 states allow 16 and 17 year olds to pre-register to vote. 45 states do not, including now, North Carolina.

Illinois and Delaware require voter ID. Hawaii has even stricter voter ID requirements. Why is Holder not suing those states?

#8 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,900 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

Holder needs to read the Shelby decision...

but he won't...because he's a dumb-A.

the shelby decision was over sections 4b and 5 and the suit in question is reportedly on the basis of section 2

edited to get rid of auto emoticon

#9 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,900 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

the DOJ has actually filed dozens of lawsuits under section 2 going back almost 30 years

http://www.justice.g...t.php#sec2cases

#10 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,726 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

Most lawsuits require a "harmed party".  Since none of the new laws are in place and being used...there is no harmed party.  Also, there is no preclearance issue because Congress hasn't established new rules for Holder to have a basis in this. 

We'll see how this plays out...as I pointed out above.  NC laws are pretty much in line with most other states in the union. 

#11 ecu88

ecu88

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

All hail the mighty and righteous federal government! Screw the 10th amendment and submit to your king's czars!

#12 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,293 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

All hail the mighty and righteous federal government! Screw the 10th amendment and submit to your king's czars!

Unless said govt passes the affordable care act then its :rabble rabble rabble:

#13 ecu88

ecu88

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

Unless said govt passes the affordable care act then its :rabble rabble rabble:

What a compromise, either we have ACA or no government? The democrats are the one's holding my dad's job and hundreds of thousands job hostage, fug em. The speaker of the house compromised the last couple times by caving so is the Speaker suppose to cave on everything again, where is the compromise in that. The House did pass to fund everything but the ACA then a the second time one year delay for the ACA. I wished that every damn Democrat in the Congress would just get their heads out of their asses. I hate both parties but it is so damn obvious that Democrats are the one's at fault. The ACA is not ready to roll and it has been three years since it was approved by the Democratic lead House and Senate. What is the excuse? When has government ever been able to control price without affect some other sector? Floors, ceilings, price fixation does not work and it will not solve the health industry price problem. Basically saying a bigger gas tank solves our gas pump price problems.

#14 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 21,772 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Haha that ol Constitution use or discard as needed

#15 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 15,955 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

What a compromise, either we have ACA or no government? The democrats are the one's holding my dad's job and hundreds of thousands job hostage, fug em. The speaker of the house compromised the last couple times by caving so is the Speaker suppose to cave on everything again, where is the compromise in that. The House did pass to fund everything but the ACA then a the second time one year delay for the ACA. I wished that every damn Democrat in the Congress would just get their heads out of their asses. I hate both parties but it is so damn obvious that Democrats are the one's at fault. The ACA is not ready to roll and it has been three years since it was approved by the Democratic lead House and Senate. What is the excuse? When has government ever been able to control price without affect some other sector? Floors, ceilings, price fixation does not work and it will not solve the health industry price problem. Basically saying a bigger gas tank solves our gas pump price problems.

so just curious do you feel that an opposition party that disagrees with a law but can't go through the legislative process to change it should have the ability to basically shut down the entire government to get it's way?

I'm just curious because the ACA was passed, and upheld by the supreme court, and so the Republicans are not acting petty and trying to get rid of it.

The idea compromise is needed here, to me, is ridiculous... "Let's just not fund it" isn't compromise at all, either.  Delaying it is not compromise...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.