Photo
- - - - -

Welp, a lesson learned by the NFL thanks to the Bucs...

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#121 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,261 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

Unfriggingbelievable.

#122 PntherPryd

PntherPryd

Relic

• Moderators
  • 2,112 posts
  • LocationWilmington

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Does anybody feel bad for josh. I know he was a buc but damn, he didnt deserve that. He might lose a ton of money because schiano is a psycho

By releasing him they just guaranteed him his $6.1 million salary.

That will buy a hell of a lot of ADHD drugs.

#123 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,738 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Cry me a river.

#124 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,232 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

Dumb. Should of held on to him.....when Schiano is fired in a couple weeks the next HC might of wanted him

This team allowed Gruden to do the same thing before he was canned as well. In this case poo runs down hill.

#125 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,738 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

Seriously though, either Freeman just doesn't have what it takes to be a starting NFL QB, or he was just in a totally fuged up situation, complete with improper coaching and teaching.  Talking about wildly inconsistent. Dude could play lights out one week, and then play like crap the next. Of late, he has looked like he doesn't even belong on a middle school field, much less in a professional stadium.  Wow, what a fall. 

#126 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

tengo baking soda

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,293 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

he was born with 1 billion times the athleticism you and i have and i'm sure worked his ass off to make it to the NFL and now he might not have a job doing what he was born to do on this earth.

I can't stand when people say "im not gonna feel bad cause he's made more in one year bs...."  He worked hard and earned it along with the talents he was born with.

Schiano fuged him over, BIG time.

lol I don't know about 1 billion times my athleticism.  Maybe more like 4 times.  I don't know how to prove that though.

Anyways,  dude was an underachiever before Schiano got there. 

I'm not gonna lose any sleep over an overpaid football player losing his starting job.

#127 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,905 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Well, that went from strange to bizarre fairly quickly.

Schiano's days are numbered...

elihit.gif

#128 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,528 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

lol I don't know about 1 billion times my athleticism.  Maybe more like 4 times.  I don't know how to prove that though.

Anyways,  dude was an underachiever before Schiano got there. 

I'm not gonna lose any sleep over an overpaid football player losing his starting job.

oh i'm definitely not gonna lose any sleep over it, its the bucs when it's all said and done, fug em. Freeman definitely was done wrong though, so i do feel bad for him as a person.

He's had Morris and Schiano (wow) as HC and he played decent and showed flashes of being a franchise qb more often than not. His reputation and image has been tarnished because Schiano is batshit crazy.

We always talk about how much better Cam would be with a good HC, imagine freeman without those two nightmares for HCs.

#129 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,655 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

if the bucs tank the rest of the season, what happens with the 1st round pick they owe the jets?

#130 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,340 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:15 PM

oh i'm definitely not gonna lose any sleep over it, its the bucs when it's all said and done, fug em. Freeman definitely was done wrong though, so i do feel bad for him as a person.

He's had Morris and Schiano (wow) as HC and he played decent and showed flashes of being a franchise qb more often than not. His reputation and image has been tarnished because Schiano is batshit crazy.

We always talk about how much better Cam would be with a good HC, imagine freeman without those two nightmares for HCs.

Freeman did himself no favors for how he handled this mess, though. When you're under the gun, don't give the team any ammunition whatsoever. Missing team photos, meetings, buses, prescription drug issues, etc.

#131 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,528 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

Freeman did himself no favors for how he handled this mess, though. When you're under the gun, don't give the team any ammunition whatsoever. Missing team photos, meetings, buses, prescription drug issues, etc.

he switched add medication. he doesn't have prescription drug issues. and the bucs released it, they released his fines. it was a smear campaign. Schiano rigged the voting.

Schiano is known to be a huge dickhead. someone eluded to them videotaping the sidelines to see if players are laughing or smiling. Now just imagine what lengths schiano has been to to sabatoge josh's career. he is a sociopath. watch his interviews, he is fuging crazy.

what happened to that kid who was a leader and a great teammate who everybody liked when Morris was there? How did it just flip flop that fast? do you not think maybe Schiano had something to do with it? most definitely. You may call it doing himself no favors, i call josh realizing what was happening (like the captain voting being rigged) and saying fug it and fug this guy.

In the professional world, schiano would have been fired on the spot.

#132 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,262 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

He'll have a few potential landing places. Oakland for sure, but I think Cleveland should show interest. He's worse in every facet of the game than Cam, but Chud would probably be able to get plenty out of him.

#133 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,476 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

Freeman doesn't need any pity. He just got 6 million bucks to do nothing. He can now take his time and choose whichever team he wants to sign with. Compare that to being forced somewhere in a trade. Which is better?

As for the Bucs front office, this is some historically bad decision making. I don't think we have heard the last of how some of this went down. Especially with the information about Freeman's drug testing somehow getting out.

#134 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,261 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

He'll have a few potential landing places. Oakland for sure, but I think Cleveland should show interest. He's worse in every facet of the game than Cam, but Chud would probably be able to get plenty out of him.

Jacksonville's close.

#135 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,905 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

if the bucs tank the rest of the season, what happens with the 1st round pick they owe the jets?

They owe the Jets a 4th round pick which can turn into a 3rd round if Revis is on the team in 2014. 

The Jets got the 1st round pick this year and used it to get Sheldon Richardson with the 13th pick.  Guess what happened after that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com