Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bust

66 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

the knock on some of these 'Bama/LSU players has sometimes been that when they reach Bama and play there for 3-4 years they have already peaked and hit their ceiling. There isn't much room to grow in the NFL and get better. 

Honestly, out of the dominating teams Bama has produced since Saban got there, who is currently the best player in the NFL from there? 

Julio Jones?

Hightower? 

LSU 

PP?

Trent Richardson, Warmack, & Fluker are doing good.

Posted · Report post

i also think scheme has a play in it as well.

I absolutely think this is true. Morris Claiborne is more in the mold of Antonio Cromartie than a Ronde Barber. Not physical, but highly athletic and can run with the best of them, so he is better suited to play off-man coverage. He doesn't have the intuition for the position to play zone effectively.

Posted · Report post

I absolutely think this is true. Morris Claiborne is more in the mold of Antonio Cromartie than a Ronde Barber. Not physical, but highly athletic and can run with the best of them, so he is better suited to play off-man coverage. He doesn't have the intuition for the position to play zone effectively.

yep. the cowboys are trying to fit a square peg, into a circle hole. he can play zones, but he is a man/man CB. press or off man is his strengths, and the scheme that they run does not play to his strength.

Posted · Report post

Trent Richardson, Warmack, & Fluker are doing good.

I read a few weeks ago that Fluker or Warmack (can't remember which one) had some fairly credible evidence pop up that he had taken money his final year in college. Haven't heard shit about that since then. 

Posted · Report post

Here's the article from SB Nation, http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/10/1/4790610/morris-claiborne-struggles-dallas-cowboys

I thought the topic was quite relevant since he was such a hot topic only one year ago. CB prospects are already being talked about for next year as well. Some, not all, were even disappointed we didn't trade our second like the cowboys did (ie Luke and Amini for Morris). WOW

FWIW he scored a 4 on the Wonderlic and blew it off because it "had nothing to do with football". Dude is lazy.

I took the wonderlic for a job interview. It's 50 questions. You get 12 minutes to answer as many of them as you can correctly. You aren't penalized for incorrect answers. I can't comprehend a person earning a '4' on the test. 

Posted · Report post

yep. the cowboys are trying to fit a square peg, into a circle hole. he can play zones, but he is a man/man CB. press or off man is his strengths, and the scheme that they run does not play to his strength.

And it's funny, when I heard that they were hiring Monte Kiffin as their defensive coordinator I was like WTF? Not because Kiffin isn't good, because he is. But because immediately that made 4 of their best defenders (and highest paid at that) essentially obsolete. Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne, Anthony Spencer, and Demarcus Ware (I'll admit Ware is doing pretty well, but he is just a monster anyway). They might as well trade Claiborne now before he loses more value.

Posted · Report post

And it's funny, when I heard that they were hiring Monte Kiffin as their defensive coordinator I was like WTF? Not because Kiffin isn't good, because he is. But because immediately that made 4 of their best defenders (and highest paid at that) essentially obsolete. Brandon Carr, Morris Claiborne, Anthony Spencer, and Demarcus Ware (I'll admit Ware is doing pretty well, but he is just a monster anyway). They might as well trade Claiborne now before he loses more value.

exactly. i said that same thing, not because Kiffin is a bad coach, but because i felt they didnt have the people for the scheme. Carr is another big press/off man guy.Tyrone Crawford is a great fit at 3 tech in that scheme, but i also do not think they have the safeties to play deep half zones. Carter and Lee do have the athletic ability to play the mike and will backers tho.

Posted · Report post

Trent Richardson... doing good.

Ummmm... wut?

Posted · Report post

I remember many huddlers wanted him over Luke SMH

Posted · Report post

Ummmm... wut?

His production isn't high as it should be ........but he just got traded for a 1st round pick so he has some value to him?

Posted · Report post

His production isn't high as it should be ........but he just got traded for a 1st round pick so he has some value to him?

OK, so since the Browns are the ones who got the 1st round pick, I guess you mean "Cleveland Browns... doing good!" :P

Posted · Report post

It's the scheme he's playing in. Trade him to a squad that doesn't make him play zone.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments