1055 replies to this topic

#556 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,807 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

We didn't even try to give up mid round picks for a perennial LT but would rather keep stocking/adding low picks for the hell of it?

You have no clue what we tried.

#557 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,472 posts
  • LocationShelby

With all this talk about Blackburn, I would have guessed that he was the 3X All-Pro and 2X Pro Bowler...

But no, he is the player that graded out with one of the worst grades (PFF) against his former and most believe that he even knew a lot of the calls.

But hey... Beason for a 6th is a good deal... psh

Let Beason play on that floating dead blood pretending to be cartilage.  I loved him like you do.  Been here since the Clemson days and he has been one of the best Panthers ever.  He is done like Magic Johnson. 

Can't believe even Jacksonville would give us a compensatory pick for him. 

Move on.  Trust me, he don't love you in return.

#558 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,723 posts

Beason sucked....but trading away a leader and respected guy for a 7th rounder just sucks. Better IMO to of parted ways with Beason in an offseason....if we weren't getting a real benefit from it. Seems more like DG doing old buds a favor

I understand how you feel, and Beason's (albeit) brief legacy with the Panthers.

Nonetheless, you would let the guy walk at the end of the season, when someones offering something for him now, plus opening a roster spot (when he wasn't going to play anyway)?

#559 markbm62

markbm62

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Will always think of Beason as a Panther, hated to see the injuries happening to him the man left everything on the field and gave us his best. Good luck Jon you will be missed.

#560 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

Sir, your emotional outbursts are quite disturbing.

Are you that desperate for pie????

What is emotional about anything I have said tonight?

#561 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,725 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

Will miss the Beast...

#562 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,014 posts

Beason sucked....but trading away a leader and respected guy for a 7th rounder just sucks. Better IMO to of parted ways with Beason in an offseason....if we weren't getting a real benefit from it. Seems more like DG doing old buds a favor

Agreed.

TCF is usually wrong but he is right that no one would have made a thread or agreed with the idea of trading Beason for a 7th round pick.

Trading Beason is fine but a 7th round pick(if it turns out to be that) is sad when you know they are in need.

#563 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Hey! The man (Beason) can't play for the Panthers right now. If the Giants, were desperate enough to give up a 7th round draft pick for him, I'm not hating. Lol. 

Amen! lol

#564 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Come on, your nipples are lactating through the screen.

#565 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,070 posts

you guys think joe person knows yet?

#566 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

It canbe looked at two ways:

1- The Panthers hooked up a veteran by trading him to a team who desperately needs a MLB and gives him a chance to re-spark his career

2- The Panthers shatted on Beason and insulting everything he's ever stood for by trading a late round pick for him

Or 3

Yay! We gets a 7th round draft pick!

what's better?

trading him away where he has a chance to start for the only compensation a team would give up for a guy who has only played 4 games in the past 2 years and who is still nowhere near being able to start and compete at a high level?

or

letting him sit on the sidelines and maybe play a few downs late in games and then let him go at the end of the season where he'd be competing for a roster spot in a very crowed market against younger and much less damaged goods?

just because someone used to be worth a whole lot doesn't mean they continue to be worth a whole lot when they become obsolete.

#567 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,791 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

I love me some pie, but there are a few posters actively posting with emotional responses about this instead if seeing the winning nature of this potential trade.

#568 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,485 posts

lol over the outrage at him potentially being traded for a 7th round pick when it's likely he wouldn't be contributing much the rest of the year and in a few months we would have been letting him get away for nothing.

at least in new york he's got a shot at a starting gig. it's the most sure thing for him going. here he was playing behind blackburn who he'd lost his 2nd starting gig to.

sad, but even if it's a7th rounder, it's a win/win just because, despite his past value as a player and leader on the team, he'd been relegated to just a guy on the sideline.

this is now luke kuechly's defense. it became that last year....which is when beason became expendable.

Sideline guys and role players still can have big impacts.....if they were vets who were good at one time.

Id rather have a good leader, smart film room guy, motivator who was a roleplayer/backup than a 7th. Part with a respected guy in the offseason rather than in season.

#569 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,409 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

The Giants are desperate as hell. I know Beason has played like garbage this year but he's also been playing OLB where he was never all that great even before his injury. You should be able to sell the idea that he'd be better once he's put back at MLB. The money they have to pay him is dirt cheap too. It's a very low risk, high reward situation for a team that REALLY needs help and honestly has almost no other options.

I'll be a little disappointed in Gettleman if all we get is a 6th or 7th. That's weak negotiating IMO. Those picks have almost no value. You can trade down 5 spots in the 2nd round and get an extra 6th. I hope we get at least a 5th.

#570 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,553 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

We didn't even try to give up mid round picks for a perennial LT but would rather keep stocking/adding low picks for the hell of it?

that wasn't the question i asked but ok whatever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com