Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beason trade saves 705k in cap room

70 posts in this topic

Posted

Since you've obviously already looked at his details, can you fill me in on how much dead money we're talking about?

I'm guessing it has to be pretty substantial based on his old contract/signing bonus.

5,250,000 in dead money. restructuring the contract voided 8M of the dead money (If I am reading it right)

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/jon-beason/

Posted

Remember he also had a game bonus. 1.75 mil he would get if he was active all 16 games. I'm guessing that's voided now.

Bonuses like that don't always impact the cap until it actually happens. It depends on whether or not it was considered as "likely to be earned".

Posted

Bonuses like that don't always impact the cap until it actually happens. It depends on whether or not it was considered as "likely to be earned".

Either way it's 1.75 mil we are off the hook for now.

Posted

I'm glad we've finally got a GM that does business with player moves, not personal favors.

1 person likes this

Posted

I guess it was a move that needed to be done, sad day but going to Goodwill this AM to donate my Beason jersey.

Posted

I guess it was a move that needed to be done, sad day but going to Goodwill this AM to donate my Beason jersey.

Why would you get rid of his jersey?

Jesus, I don't understand some people. . .

1 person likes this

Posted

Why would you get rid of his jersey?

Jesus, I don't understand some people. . .

lol if anything i'm jumping on the fire sale on beason stuff.  i don't have his nike jersey.

i think he should easily be on the "safe list" of ex panther jerseys

Posted

Wish Beason the best, but his extension got the worst return on investment of any Hurney gave out. 

*cough* Jake Delhomme *cough*

Posted

Seems to me like we come up on the short end, trading Beason for a 7th round pick. Good luck Beast...

Posted

Seems to me like we come up on the short end, trading Beason for a 7th round pick. Good luck Beast...

You'd rather he ride the bench all year and lose him next year without compensation?

Posted

Why does everyone keep claiming its for a seventh? No one has any idea.

1 person likes this

Posted

..... Big reason we lost first 2 games

Definitely the Buffalo game for sure.  I was screaming at the TV all game about how bad and slow he looked.   I had read somewhere the stats on how many yards against the team were due to him and the yards after catch were worse.  The fact Rivera kept him out that entire game and never put Blackburn in then was one of the biggest reasons I was calling for Rivera's head after that game.  

Good luck to Beason and still hoping the Panther make this a season and play some meaningful games later in the Season instead of garbage time.