#2 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

That's the 3rd time in the past 3 months I've heard the rumor that MJ will suit up for a game or two for the Cats this season. Maybe Stern (and the owners) will waive the rule and allow it.

#3 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

I hate these guys more than anybody else on espn. Not bc of this. But bc they are just stupid. Jalen rose is a terrible analyst and knows next to nothing about teams unless they are the heat or another championship team. And bill is just outright stupid. Who's a boston homer.

Is rather listen to Charles Barkley.... Atleast he's funny.

#4 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Dp

#5 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,559 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:03 AM

Bill Simmons is and has been one of the best things for sports media...who cares he is a homer for his hometown team..

Grantland, 30 for 30, his podcast and his Page 2 column back in the day was essential reading/listening.

I just feel sorry you cant appreciate nice things...just kidding.

#6 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,737 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

I love Bill/Jalen and agreed with most of what they said.

It seemed to me they didn't say too many negative things about the players, just hit on the running jokes about the Bobcats being terrible in general. And MJ being terrible. 

They didn't mind the Al signing, Bill liked the Zeller pick/Jalen thinks he's going to win ROY, said Kemba could be the 3rd guard/guy on a title team one day, and MKG has potential, just can't shoot. All fair analysis IMO.

As for MJ suiting up for a game...Jalen does know some things, so it shouldn't be completely dismissed. ESPN the Mag's article on Jordan last year was heavy on MJ wanting to get back to his playing weight, potentially to get back out there. 1 game, the jersey sales, the shoe sales, the publicity, the ticket prices...yeah, Jordan could line his pockets from that. I just hope they release a Hornets edition jersey as well as the Cats version. 

#7 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,083 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

Cant say that I disagree, bc I agreed with a most of what they said. And, cant wait to see MJ suit up for one game. lol

I cant wait to see if MKG has improve his jump shot or not.

#8 beach

beach

|~~-~-~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,669 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

That vid was enjoyable.  They should do multiple series for different teams-leagues.  

They're goofy, know what they're talking about and mix it with casual conversation really well.

#9 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,525 posts
  • Location704

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

It was basically 11 mins of trolling, as were the previous 4. If you're into it, good. If you want real analysis, don't waste your time.

#10 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,559 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

They do one for every team. Trolling? Ok

#11 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,737 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Not seeing how it's trolling at all. The Bobcats are still a bad team...what analysis is needed beyond what they did? (Which was to actually give credit where credit was due)

#12 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,083 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

It was basically 11 mins of trolling, as were the previous 4. If you're into it, good. If you want real analysis, don't waste your time.

Trolling? HAHAAHHAHAH.

Don't let it hurt your feelings. I'm a fan but I can see this its the truth.

#13 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,670 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

Bill Simmons is hilarious.  He was killing me during the finals I believe.  Nothing they said is untrue really, if anything they were pretty favorable to us.   We can't expect respect till we earn it.

#14 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,525 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:20 PM

I guess I just don't consider wishing Biyombo a happy 32nd birthday, predicting the Bobcats/Hornets won't be in the playoffs for another 12 years, and making fun of MJ for six minutes to be real analysis. Like the rest of ESPN, Simmons and Rose (who, it should be said, astounds me as to how he got an analyst gig) pander to the Official ESPN teams of the NBA:

The Heat, Lakers, Knicks, Thunder, Clippers, Bulls and Celtics. 

#15 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Pretty much agree with Third Degree. Not a fan of either analyst, although Simmons isn't always bad. They did a whole lot of trolling, but at the same time they weren't completely wrong. What annoys me is that these "analysts" just went along with the public perception of MJ being this terrible owner and that he is running things. The franchise is trending upwards, and these clowns fail to see that. However the Bobcats will be a joke to everyone until we become a competitive team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users