• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#121 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:48 AM

The media "ball washes" someone every year.  Right now it seems to be Andrew Luck. 

How many time did John Madden work Brett Farve's name into his play by play? It seemed like very 4th work out of his mouth was about Farve.  (Even if he wasn't covering one of his games.)  He said it so many time, it got to be a drinking game.  LOL  Every time Madden said Brett Farve's name, college students all over the nation were taking a shot!

Last year, the media tried to make the Luck vs RGIII but that has seemed to die down.  (Maybe because RGIII seems to be more fragile?)

Maybe next year it's Johnny Football. 

These folks in the media are full of ish. They wanted a Cam vs. Luck draft  because they saw Cam as this exceptionally gifted young black QB who they didn't care for, for the same reason. They saw Luck as his best challenger but didn't get what they wanted in the 2011 because Luck stayed in school.  So, they simply recreated one with Luck vs RG III when he came out of nowhere and beat Luck for the Heisman. Luck was always the media's "choosen QB." And, they knew RG III was fragile from his college days. Remember, they choose these QBs based on their Scouting Reports and some of cases, special word of mouth. They are well aware of what these QBs can and cannot do. RG III fragility was well documented.  

Even I knew about his leg issues when I did my background check on him.

#122 FugginPoo

FugginPoo

• HUDDLER
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

Luck is better than Cam....get over it.

#123 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,068 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

Nobody gives a damn who's better. They don't even play in the same conference.

The few people who can't stop talking about him here aren't even Panthers fans. Take this crap to the Colts boards.

#124 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,397 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

What about the old heads on this forum that constantly get butthurt over any defense of Cam & feel the need to rush in to rip on anyone posting in his defense? :)

Defense of Newton shouldn't be an issue, if it's done as such. Nor should criticism if it's justified.

It's the silliness that counts trying to tear down other QBs as "defending Newton" that I find goofy.

Andrew Luck is a really good QB. So is Russell Wilson. So is Andy Dalton. So is whomever. So...what?

I don't really give a rip what other quarterbacks are good as long as I'm happy with the one we've got. And I don't care whether the national media calls Newton the best in the league or dubs someone else better. National media could be screaming that Nick Foles is the best in the league, and while I wouldn't agree, I also wouldn't get all emo about it.

As long as Newton is doing well and we're winning games, big deal.

A pretty good portion of this forum is so obsessed with media attention that anything perceived as a slight, even praise of someone else, brings out the whiny teenage girl in them and off we go.

Honestly, what I'd say to this crowd is if you're so insecure about our own QB that it literally hurts your feelings when someone else gets positive attention, I'd question whether you're really as confident in Newton as you claim to be.

#125 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

Defense of Newton shouldn't be an issue, if it's done as such. Nor should criticism if it's justified.

It's the silliness that counts trying to tear down other QBs as "defending Newton" that I find goofy.

Andrew Luck is a really good QB. So is Russell Wilson. So is Andy Dalton. So is whomever. So...what?

I don't really give a rip what other quarterbacks are good as long as I'm happy with the one we've got. And I don't care whether the national media calls Newton the best in the league or dubs someone else better. National media could be screaming that Nick Foles is the best in the league, and while I wouldn't agree, I also wouldn't get all emo about it.

As long as Newton is doing well and we're winning games, big deal.

A pretty good portion of this forum is so obsessed with media attention that anything perceived as a slight, even praise of someone else, brings out the whiny teenage girl in them and off we go.

Honestly, what I'd say to this crowd is if you're so insecure about our own QB that it literally hurts your feelings when someone else gets positive attention, I'd question whether you're really as confident in Newton as you claim to be.

Oh I agree, but we also have a crowd that only seems to post when someone defends Newton or when Newton has a bad game.

#126 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,397 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

Oh I agree, but we also have a crowd that only seems to post when someone defends Newton or when Newton has a bad game.

I get that.

For my part, can't really understand why people who are fans of a team would be unhappy about winning.

Newton has flaws. So does Kuechly. So does Johnson. So does Williams. So does Olsen. So does whomever. Until somebody demonstrates enough flaws that they need to be replaced, they're our guy.

As long as they're good enough as a team to win games, I'm happy.

#127 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

I cannot speak for others nor be concerned with how anyone choose to perceive one's opinion, all I'm saying is all of these QBs are not treated the same and that's a damn shame.

As a person who grew up watching football, I will not say that the selective treatment of players by the media, especially QBs, didn't exist but when it

has become so blantant to the point where it feels like a test to see how stupid us fans are, that is bad. Who defines the success or failure of these QBs? Should it not be the players actual games? Keenum was playing quite well last night. Waiting to hear anything in regards to his play and all I kept hearing was how great Luck was. The Luck caught a couple of good breaks in what seemed like he couldn't throw to save his life and he's already certified the "BEST that ever lived" by those on NFLN. That is my pet-peeve and that's that.

There are exceptionally talented QBs who are way more scrutinized than the media preferred QBs. Cam isn't the only one. If folks assume any and all comments on here is because of Cam, they are clearly lumping us all together, which says more about them than us. 

#128 Jgigs

Jgigs

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT RAT.
A. Luck 18/40 271 6.8 3 0 92.8

If that's a bad game I would hate to see a good one

How about this one?

C/ATT      YDS          AVG       TD          INT       SACKS       QBR        RTG

N. Foles 22/28       406          14.5        7            0            2-5             99.1       158.3

#129 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,119 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

How about this one?

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT SACKS QBR RTG
N. Foles 22/28 406 14.5 7 0 2-5 99.1 158.3

What does Foles have to do with this thread?

#130 Blackmagic

Blackmagic

• ALL-PRO
  • 222 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

Andrew Luck is a good QB, but he was lucky against the Texans.  Texans lost their playcaller and the kicker couldn't hit two bunny field goals. 

When Kubiak went down, the momentum of the game changed and they should the Mare impersonator. 

#131 Jgigs

Jgigs

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:05 AM

What does Foles have to do with this thread?

This thread is hysterical.

#132 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

Andrew Luck is a good QB, but he was lucky against the Texans. Texans lost their playcaller and the kicker couldn't hit two bunny field goals.
When Kubiak went down, the momentum of the game changed and they should the Mare impersonator.

Thank u.

That Kicker showed me how important every position on a football is. He kicked away nine points and the game.

It was like u can see the spirit of the Texans leaving the team.

#133 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

Luck is stinking it up. Over throwing everything

#134 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

Let Cam play like this and go down 21 nothing.. but I'm sure it will be spun some how.. They better hope Andy's got another come back in him.

#135 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,583 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

Maybe Luck is so good he purposely sucks in the first half just to make it a challenge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com