Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game Grades - Panthers at Cardinals

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Ron Rivera - the only head coach in the history of the NFL to call a timeout to allow the other team enough time to kick a field goal.  (vs. New Orleans Saints, 2011)

Posted · Report post

The only thing I really disagree with is the coaching grade: an F minus.

edit: That is, if you're including the whole coaching staff as part of the coaching grade. If it's just Rivera, I'd stick with a D. Going for it on 4th and 1 early bumps him a letter (though the stupid playcall ruined his first good decision of his career).

Stupid decision? It was a great call, Cam hit a wide open Lafell who dropped it.

Posted · Report post

Stupid decision? It was a great call, Cam hit a wide open Lafell who dropped it.

I've never liked those passes on "absolutely must make" plays.  When they only had inches to go, run Cam up the middle.  He'll get it.  A pass has too many risk factors.  A defender could have been standing right in the way, the receiver could drop it, etc.  I had the same problem with the pass Cam threw in the dirt last year vs Seattle.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If Lester continues to progress that would be huge for us. Just one less position that needs to be addressed this off season.