Zod

Stopping Newton - The Word is Out

Instead of taking a 15 yd loss with each sack, love to see him heave one out of bounds.

2nd and 10, beats 2nd and 23

guess he should have learned that skill from pickles... smh

isn't the forumula for beating teams with a swiss cheese line is to blitz and blitz and blitz and just in case blitz more until the other team figures out what to do?

now Cam doesn't help his cause much by treating the football like a newborn baby and he wants to hold it until it takes a dump. get outside the tackles and throw it away dude.

stuff like that is part of my post yesterday. this team simply can't overcome ANY mistakes it makes.

LOL Bench Cam.

What the fug ever, these people are fuging idiots.

This guy is held to such an INSANE standard.

If he plays like poo for another 3 weeks, sure, talk about benching him

But he had the best start of his career, passing wise, and we want to bench him after a bad game?

Why do I feel like people think he is some 10 year vet?  Uggh.

LOL Bench Cam.

What the fug ever, these people are fuging idiots.

This guy is held to such an INSANE standard.

If he plays like poo for another 3 weeks, sure, bench him

But he had the best start of his career, passing wise, and we want to bench him after a bad game?

Why do I feel like people think he is some 10 year vet? Uggh.

It's Rodney Harrison.

What would you expect?

It's Rodney Harrison.

What would you expect?

true.  the media constantly reminds me they are no better than the average Huddle poster.  *sigh*

Our receiving corp puts fear in no one and doesn't require extra Dbacks.

Our Oline is a revolving door for opposing rushers.

Years of spending #1s on the RB and LB corps have taken their toll.

Why wouldn't you pin your ears back and come? 

Cam cant do it alone.

• Pie 1

It seemed to me like our big go to the long developing plays and quit that productive up tempo playcalling move coincided perfectly with their spy and send the house agenda.  And like our decision to do so was written in stone and the coaches were standing around staring at the carved tablet for 20 minutes while shaking their head at the bad decision they could not go back and change and the terrible luck we were saddled with because of it... we watched the Cardinals feast on the Panthers.

that sh-t was dumb

• Pie 1

Let's see.  Cam in the second half when the game hung in the balance led the team to .....zero points.

I can see why folks are upset.  No way could a veteran like Derek lead the team to this high point total.

I have an idea. Since Cam has failed miserably in second halfs let him play the first half and Derek the second.   I dare say we can't do much worse than we 

are now.

There are certainly things that Shula could do to 1) focus on blitz protection in practice, 2) game plan to actually take advantage of an over aggressive D, and 3) make in game adjustments to adapt to whatever the defense is doing.

Looking ahead to the Minnesota game, one thing we know is that they like to get pressure with their front four in a 4-3 package.  This should bode well for our o-line.  They do have an all pro pass rusher in Jared Allen, so i expect that there will be some pressure generated from the Vikes D-line.  Will it be enough to frustrate Cam?  Again, if he can break contain and float out of the pocket, then get up field a few times early on, it will help to soften up that front 7.  Against AZ he really didn't get anything going and became one dimensional.  Shula didn't call a good game in the second half and it seemed like we were going downfield on every pass play.  Very few screens and underneath routes.

THat Cards D is very good, no doubt.  Minnesota isn't bad either.  They have given up a lot of points, but they also have a defense that forces turnovers and scores points.

Hopefully from Cam's perspective, the Cards loss will be a learning experience and he will approach the next game with a greater awareness and some strategies for overcoming the blitz.  Vikings coming off a bye could be lackluster or could raise up on us.  Hopefully, RR and Shula will think about their jobs a lot this week and bring some intensity to this squad.  If we get to 1-5 I'd say we have to cut RR loose.  We could have done better than Shula...in fact that might be a big reason we have lost 3 out of 4 games.

Cam hasn't been stellar and now the stats are starting to bear that out.  He was due for a 3 INT game.  That doesn't mean that he won't turn around and have another 3 TD game next week.  Leadership is being tested right now and arriving home in week 7 at 2-3 would do wonders for this team.