Occasionally

#32 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

The London game was so awesome! First live NFL game, and it was just incredible!

Hope to see a lot more Panther jerseys next year when we go and boo the poo out of Matty next year against the Lions

1375837_10152002999861411_997210634_n.jp

#33 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

I figure they might as well move Tampa there.  Since the Glazers own Manchester United, they could solidift their Europeon holding and sell out the stadium every week.

#34 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

I think an NFL franchise in London is stupid. Id see American football fans walking around wearing a "London Bridger's" jersey or whatever stupid name they'd come up with and think hes a douche right off the bat, root for an American team.

#35 luke262

luke262

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:52 AM

Just got tickets for the DET - ATL game at wembley - hoping to see the Falcons well and truly beaten!

#36 osd22

osd22

Weltmeister

• ALL-PRO
  • 695 posts
  • LocationNo. 1 Panthers Fan in Deutschland

Posted 16 January 2014 - 07:57 AM

Just got tickets for the DET - ATL game at wembley - hoping to see the Falcons well and truly beaten!

Well, have fun!!!

#37 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:09 AM

Panthers in London would be real nice and i will gladly leave my hole to invade the Brits!

London is close enough from Paris, with the Eurostar i can travel from Paris to London (135 minutes), watch the game and move back to Paris the same day.

Belgianfan, you should be a litle closer & Osd22 may have to walk a litle more ^^

#38 luke262

luke262

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:26 AM

Living in England I would obviously love it if the Panthers did come over but I do think it's crazy, how when there are only 8 home games a season, for the fans to actually lose a home game. It seems pretty unfair to me.

#39 jptaylor84

jptaylor84

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:49 AM

Coming over to watch a game September this year for my 30th birthday! I'd choose that over going to london because it's just not the same as stepping foot in BOA and mixing with the heart and soul of the carolina panthers, the fans!. It would be nice to have a game on my doorstep but i would rather watch the panthers on tv than go watch the cowgirls or jags on a Sunday just to say I've been to a football game, I love the nfl but my teams the panthers id feel a little disloyal watching another team hence saving money to come over and watch a few games later in the year which I'm going to make a regular thing (wel if I can convine my girlfriend into liking football)

#40 The_Mango55

The_Mango55

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:59 AM

I've advocated this idea for years:

17 game schedule, one extra bye week. That way every team gets a neutral field game each year.

The nfl gets 16 games a year to put wherever they want, and nobody loses a home game. They could have 4 in London, 4 in LA, a couple in Mexico, one in Germany and Japan. Maybe a regular season game in Hawaii or Las Vegas, and wherever else they want to play a game.

Plus there would be 2 more weeks of nfl.

#41 osd22

osd22

Weltmeister

• ALL-PRO
  • 695 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:18 AM

Panthers in London would be real nice and i will gladly leave my hole to invade the Brits!

London is close enough from Paris, with the Eurostar i can travel from Paris to London (135 minutes), watch the game and move back to Paris the same day.

Belgianfan, you should be a litle closer & Osd22 may have to walk a litle more ^^

10 min to Airport, 1 hr flight to LHR = Daytrip ;-) But only if the Panthers are playing. I am not going to watch any matchup not involving our cats.

#42 osd22

osd22

Weltmeister

• ALL-PRO
  • 695 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:22 AM

Coming over to watch a game September this year for my 30th birthday! I'd choose that over going to london because it's just not the same as stepping foot in BOA and mixing with the heart and soul of the carolina panthers, the fans!. It would be nice to have a game on my doorstep but i would rather watch the panthers on tv than go watch the cowgirls or jags on a Sunday just to say I've been to a football game, I love the nfl but my teams the panthers id feel a little disloyal watching another team hence saving money to come over and watch a few games later in the year which I'm going to make a regular thing (wel if I can convine my girlfriend into liking football)

I do it every year, flying over from Germany to attend two games. It is just priceless. Do it and enjoy BOA!!! Also, I would never miss a Panthers game on TV or Gamepass for a Jags vs. whoever matchup. Never!

#43 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:16 AM

10 min to Airport, 1 hr flight to LHR = Daytrip ;-) But only if the Panthers are playing. I am not going to watch any matchup not involving our cats.

Cheater!

Yep same for me Panthers games only. ;)

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/nfl

Nothing sexy :/

#44 Semaj

Semaj

The Cam to Kelvin Show

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationPalm Coast, Fl

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

I would love to play the falcons in London since it would be a road game for us. That would be cool and we wouldn't have the play in the piece of crap Georgia dome that season so that's a plus.

Off the top of my head, Cam, CJ and Thomas Davis disagree. 

#45 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,397 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

Lord, I wish Goodell would cut this crap.

I'm all for preseason games overseas, but this whole 'trying to get a team in London' thing is ridiculous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com