Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4Corners

Walking Dead Season 4

At first I was not that impressed with the opener for this season but upon further reflection. starting with relative calm and some introspection/setup should turn out to be a great decision. The introduction of the health issue is overdue logically but right on time storytelling wise.

tbqh I think they actually dealt the comic a blow because the comic really never addresses disease in a post-apocalyptic society... aside from the obvious, of course...

+1 for the show, I guess...

tbqh I think they actually dealt the comic a blow because the comic really never addresses disease in a post-apocalyptic society... aside from the obvious, of course...

+1 for the show, I guess...

Just being a weirdo about sick people being around me....I have wondered when they would bring it up.  The way that they are living on top of each other would certainly make it very easy to get sick a lot.

All I know is I am ready to watch episode 2.

I've seen people speculating that the 'Dead' virus may be airborne. Given that the mythology is everyone has it anyway, why would that matter?

Now if they're talking about it mutating to where it kills people directly rather than just waiting for them to die...

here's Abraham:

m_cudlitz.jpg

Color me unimpressed. Dude is like a beefier version of Samwise Gamgee.

lmao

this is a straight up laughable casting decision

edit: i just read the comments section on the article announcing the new cast members and wow... everyone seems to be thrilled with the choice.

The scene with the girl and rick in the woods started out showing an up close of a spider on a web. I was hoping it would be foreshadowing for rick walking into the hunters. That would have been so much better of a beginning of the season.

But, didja notice the web? Hanging straight down, like it was eaten by acid or something.

Season premiere just sets the stage for where we're at. Like they said on Talking Dead, this picks up about 6 or 7 months after the season 3 finale. You gotta lay out where they're at as a group right now. Daryl has pretty much become the leader of the group, with Rick taking a smaller role. This was a direct draw from the comics (although we didn't get to see it happen on screen, and obviously, Tyrese and Herschel were in charge in the comics at this point). I think we will see the Hunters arc by midseason, because with Abraham and his group coming in, you almost have to. And instead of Dale yelling "TAINTED MEAT!" I think we'll be seeing Herschel playing that role (which would be awesome, as it's one of the most memorable moments in the comic).

By the end of episode 5, I think we're out of the prison. The pacing for the premiere was good enough. Sets things in motion to pick up fast. They peppered in enough action to keep your attention, and built up a few smaller plots among the characters that should play out nicely. I DO have a couple of gripes though...

1) Since WHEN does Rick not want to take his gun?! That is TREMENDOUSLY out of character and bugged me. Sure, it was short lived and he'll have it with him at all times again, but come on. Don't make him so soft.

2) Tyrese is a softy too!? Since when!? Sure, he had a big heart in the comics, but he wasn't so damn shook up about killing walkers. Good to see they have him in pimp mode early. Hopefully they pull his storyline with Michonne into play.

dumb asses leaving all of their doors unsecured. I hope they all get eaten over on D block

The premiere had 16.1M viewers. As that is nearly in the top five of the cable shows in history to rank with so many viewers.

I gotta figure the older daughter of the guy whose head  Carol sliced is the one who's been feeding the walkers.

The prominent presence of girls Carl's age makes me think they're giving him a young lady friend at some point.

Having him interested in someone with different views on the walkers presents some interesting story opportunities.

Much, much better episode imo...

One of the scariest and intense scenes yet.  Really liked it.

Kind of makes the first ep make more sense, and now Rick and Tyrese both have their motivation back.

Much better episode last night. Emotional scenes, action, Rick is coming back around, Tyrese seems to be coming into his own soon enough.

Something I caught/was wondering about...the last pig's blood splattered Rick in the face. Sort of an up close shot of it, and showed him wiping it off. Coincidence, or potential problem for him, if the pigs were indeed infected?