Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 QB Talk

65 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'd have to agree that Hogan just hasn't been that impressive. What is happening is he is riding in the coattails of Luck's success, and a finally good program in Stanford to make a name for himself... But the dude right now.. is just not good at football. Case in point, watch last weeks Stanford game.

You can't cherry pick the games. Trust me. The guy is above average now, and guess what, he's only a red shift sophomore.

Posted · Report post

No mention of Zach Mettenberger or Aaron Murray? :unsure:

Posted · Report post

I have never taken Mettenberger seriously becomes he just seems like that frat boy QB who happens to be filling the role but he is impressing me this year.  

Size, arm, agility, accuracy, fundamentals are in check.  

Posted · Report post

I have never taken Mettenberger seriously becomes he just seems like that frat boy QB who happens to be filling the role but he is impressing me this year.  

Size, arm, agility, accuracy, fundamentals are in check.  

I'll give you the persona, especially after he got in trouble for groping someone.

What about Murray?

Posted · Report post

I'll give you the persona, especially after he got in trouble for groping someone.

What about Murray?

I think Murray can be very successful in the right system.  

I believe he has one of the most refined games out of the draft class with the intangibles to come along with it but his restrictions are there.  I think he's shown he is NFL-caliber accurate and has occasionally quieted the arm strength doubters this season.  Good vision, quick decision maker. 

I can honestly see him as a Cutler/Big Ben heir type deal.  Give him the Rodgers treatment with a good offense in place coming into the league and he could actually be damn good.   

If I had to choose, out of the Ms of the SEC, he'd be at the top of my list ahead of Manziel and Mettenberger.

My favorite thing about him is how easily he can make it seem to place the ball just perfectly for receivers in tough spots. 

Posted · Report post

i mentioned Mettenberger on page 1 in my top 5, but Murray is also a decent prospect which should be a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Posted · Report post

i mentioned Mettenberger on page 1 in my top 5, but Murray is also a decent prospect which should be a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Sorry. Missed it.

My worries about Mettenberger relate to his unfortunate similarities to another four-syllable 'Berger' (both good and bad).

Posted · Report post

If I was a team I would look at Michael Vick and see the same thing in Mariota. I would be afraid of Mariota's durability in the NFL. Someone that plays at 210lbs will get destroyed by an NFL LBer.

Mariota is NOTHING like Vick. Have you even seen him play? He's already a better passer then Vick has ever been and he's only 19 years old! Being that he's only 19 and the son of a rather large Samoan, I'm guessing he wont stay 210 pounds for very long. Also, Mariota knows how to slide and get out of bounds.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Sorry. Missed it.

My worries about Mettenberger relate to his unfortunate similarities to another four-syllable 'Berger' (both good and bad).

his arm is very comparable. i also heard about his off field actions which is as like Ben, but he doesnt seem to have the pocket awareness of Ben. but he might have the best arm in the draft.Mariota arm is pretty good too.

Posted · Report post

If I was a team I would look at Michael Vick and see the same thing in Mariota. I would be afraid of Mariota's durability in the NFL. Someone that plays at 210lbs will get destroyed by an NFL LBer.

that is a bad comparison. Mariota is 6'4 which means his body can pack on extra weight and he has better decision making/arm then Vick coming out of college. if you can, please watch the game from saturday vs Washington and you will see why some think he may pass TeddyB and be the 1st QB taken.

here is his cutups from draftbreakdown.com which is a great site.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/marcus-mariota-vs-washington-2013/

Posted · Report post

his arm is very comparable. i also heard about his off field actions which is as like Ben, but he doesnt seem to have the pocket awareness of Ben. but he might have the best arm in the draft.Mariota arm is pretty good too.

The longer I go, the less interested I get in how far they can throw and the more intrigued I am by how accurately they can throw.

That's not to say I want a weak armed guy though.  I'm not ready to go WCO.

Posted · Report post

The longer I go, the less interested I get in how far they can throw and the more intrigued I am by how accurately they can throw.

That's not to say I want a weak armed guy though.  I'm not ready to go WCO.

...so you're saying you like Murray?

He's got an above avg arm (nothing great) with great accuracy.  They give em' crap for being 6'1 but that's not that short.  

I like the kid.  Athletic and accurate.