Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prepare for dirty play this weekend...

50 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

...seeing as we're facing a Jeff Fisher coached team.

Pretty sure he won't tone that down just because he's facing an old teammate as the opposing coach (second week in a row that'll be true for Rivera). Don't think he has before.

Fisher does have that tough hard nosed mentality. You had better be ready to play. With him, or against him, you had better be ready to play.

That pretty much leads to tough hard nosed football being played. But hey, that is just what Rivera wants to be, and do. Without that scary intensity. The man flat scares me.

Give him a QB, and he can win. Too bad he is stuck with Bradford. Bradford IS what the non believers THINK Cam is. Captain Inconsistent.

The Rams are the Vikes. The Rams just happen to have a QB that can carve you up, or hand you the win. I see our Defense giving him fits. We should be .500 at weeks end.

There are a poo ton of teams sitting with 3 losses. All we have to do is take care of bidness, and we can be in the thick of things. Sounds good to say.

All hellz. And GOOOOOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted · Report post

They have the 31st ranked Run defense giving up an average of 130.5 yards a game and 6 total rushing TDs.  Only JAX is worse.  So I hope we can run on them too.  

I just hope that we will run on them.  I still am fuming over going into Arizona and abandoning the run.  The game plan this week calls for a heavy dose of the ground game.  Quinn, Brockers, and Long are all speed rushers that cannot hold the point of attack.  They should be sucking wind by the third.

Posted · Report post

They have played only one game on grass this season ....and the 9ers took them to the wood shed. I like our chances.

Posted · Report post

It is a much different team from the Whiners game to now, just saying

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

We need to stop underestimating the Rams. Sam Bradford has 13 TD; 4th in the NFL behind Brees, Manning and Romo. This season he has just 3 picks. They beat ARI, a team we struggled to put points on with ARI managing to score 24 points. I don't think it's going to be as easy as some of you think.

Posted · Report post

Two of the three pics btw were on tipped passes off the line. 

Posted · Report post

I'm sure they will all know how Tolbert's nuts taste by halftime.

Posted · Report post

Smitty and Jenkins will fight on our first or second series, and Smitty will get in his head. Should be fun to watch.
5 people like this

Posted · Report post

Expect a heavy run oriented game plan, hopefully. And ok confident in our defense to stop them

Posted · Report post

The Panthers have a former Raider at safety now, that seems to have no issue with removing your head from your body given half the chance - before or after the whistle.

That and the aforementioned Steve Smith tells me I don't think they want to start a dirty game.

Posted · Report post

I think Mitchel will get even if that happens.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I am a little worried about the Chris Long Byron Bell match up. The way Long wrapped up Schaub and rolled back should be illegal. He was on the ground that was extracurricular. I think we can run on them and we should stick with that as much as possible. Athlete vs. athlete I like this match up but coach vs. coach I am not sure. All it takes is a few patented Panthers penalties/turnovers to keep the game close then Rivera loses it at the end.