Photo
- - - - -

Panthers 5 1/2 pt favorites over the Rams according to Vegas.

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#16 PantherWake

PantherWake

How Bout Dem Gamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

Maybe it's just me but it seems everytime this team and it's fans get over confident about being able to beat its opponents, the team forget to show up to the actuall games.

Im gonna be at the game and its gonna my first Panther game ever. I hope they dont disppoint me

#17 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,571 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

we're screwed, only time we cover is when we're not favored

#18 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

So... since we're favored... I should start Tavon in my fantasy league this week?

#19 Coug Girl

Coug Girl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

To be honest though Houston's D hasn't been all that great this year as compared to what they did last year. They allow way more points now. Not sure what's going on over there, but I'm not entirely impressed with anyone who takes Watt out of the game this year. No offense to Rams fans.

Who wins this will be whoever decides to show up and play consistently for the full 4 quarters.

#20 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,272 posts
  • Location704

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

Panthers are going to lose this game Sunday. 

#21 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,335 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

I think this is the toughest game we play since week one against Seattle. The Rams, like us, have a strong front 7 with a ballhawk in Janoris Jenkins on the outside. Their pass rush can be great and I suspect it'll give us some fits on offense. The last few weeks Sam Bradford has been playing good football and they found a bit of a running game against Houston. We need to stop the run first and foremost and get a lead early so we force Bradford into mistakes. I think his pocket presence is suspect and thus we should be able to get sacks and force turnovers.

This game all games down to protecting Cam against that defensive front of theirs and stopping the Rams rushing attack. When the Rams haven't successfully ran the ball they have lost because I don't believe Bradford can take over games with his arm by himself.

20-17 Panthers get the W and get back to .500.

#22 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,059 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

This is the typical Rivera let down game...just like the Cardinals game was.  If we lose, prepare for 6-10, 7-9.

If we win, and the offense is impressive, I'll start to feel we're turning the corner.  Not completely until we beat a good team mind you, but starting to turn the corner. 

#23 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

Okay so, they're coming off a win, they're at home, they're favored to win...

The Panthers are definitely going to lose.

#24 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,685 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

I think it's a legit loss for us.

#25 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,140 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

I'll join the reverse psychology bandwagon. We're going to get slaughtered on our home field, like the titans game of 2011.

#26 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

God i hope they can get to .500, rams are weak against the run and were a good running team. They haven't been able to run the ball consistently and were great against the run, seems like a good matchup

#27 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,338 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

If there's some way you can think of to know for sure which one of those Panthers teams is likely to show up on Sunday, feel free to explain.

All explained here:

http://www.carolinah...d-bad-defenses/

#28 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

I'll join the reverse psychology bandwagon. We're going to get slaughtered on our home field, like the titans game of 2011.

Reverse psychology?  These are history-based logic predictions.  

#29 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,338 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

Obligatory comment regarding how the spread is set to even the money and not predict the game.

Unless you have a game that you know will have uneven and illogical betting (i.e. England vs Germany Soccer lines in London) the best way to get even money is to set an accurate and predictive line based on exhaustive data. The line will move if betting is uneven but I think this line opened at -6

#30 StoneColdTavonAustin

StoneColdTavonAustin

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

To be honest though Houston's D hasn't been all that great this year as compared to what they did last year. They allow way more points now. Not sure what's going on over there, but I'm not entirely impressed with anyone who takes Watt out of the game this year. No offense to Rams fans.

Who wins this will be whoever decides to show up and play consistently for the full 4 quarters.

Houston's Defense was ranked in the top in the NFL so IDK what you speak of

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com