Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Coming to Carolina for the first time this week...

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#16 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,916 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

TacoMac is an excellent place to go and drink beer and eat good food on Saturday if you want to watch some college football.

Great football setup but man I have had some bad service and bad food there.

#17 ncsu12engr

ncsu12engr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

Great football setup but man I have had some bad service and bad food there.

Really? That sucks. I've only been there a few times since I don't live in Charlotte, but every time I've been its been great. The beer selection is fantastic and the food was good as well.

#18 Guest_Spider Monkey_*

Guest_Spider Monkey_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:29 PM

I've noticed most of your posts are insults.

Does it make you feel big?

I have a small penis. It helps.

#19 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,549 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

The Checkers (AHL Hockey) are playing Saturday night. I'm taking my rug rats. It's a good time if you enjoy hockey.

#20 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Yeah Spider Monkey's true colors just came out.

Mod needs to dock him for the insults

#21 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,616 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

The stadium tour could kill a couple of hours. 

#22 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,441 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

Welcome to the Queen City, I hope you enjoy your stay, get to witness a Panthers victory in person, and I hope you document your visit on video and turn it into an awesome production for us all to enjoy.

Having said that, go to the Uptown Cabaret for some footage.

#23 WCUcats

WCUcats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

I will be flying from Washington state all the way to NC this Wednesday and will be staying till Monday (of course going to the panthers game on sunday) and was looking for some fun things to do/see and good places to eat (other than bojangles and cookout). Any tips on game day as well would be nice! Will be staying in center of charlotte so walking to the stadium won't bother me one bit. Thanks!

And just an fyi for those who can't find my old youtube account (Nflpantherso7)...Saint fans on there flagged it down so all my videos and work is now permanently gone. I made a new one though called Nflpanthers07media for those interested!

ANYWAYS, Keep Pounding!

Bring wine and cheese with you and you'll fit right in!

In all seriousness have fun, and if you have time take a day trip up to Asheville.

#24 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

Tavern on Trade is pretty cool.  Plus I think the Bobcats have a home game during that time.   I always thought if was fun to hit up a bar and walk to a Bobcats game.

#25 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,999 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:41 PM

Thursday nights are when uptown starts gearing up for the weekend. If you're into clubbing, there are places tucked into more nooks and crannies than you can count.
Its pretty hard to really get lost uptown - just remember Tryon St. runs north to south, everything on one side is east and the other is west. Same with Trade Street running east-west. There is plenty to for a weekend in that small area.
But if you want to get out a little more, I second the Scarowinds suggestion.
I don't eat a whole lot uptown - I pack my lunch for work every day. But I hear a lot of good things about Rooster's, Blue, and Mertz. There's a place inside the Independence building (corner of trade and Tryon) with a good, affordable breakfast menu - the name escapes me at the moment.

Most visitors seem to take an extreme view: too boring or too much going on. It depends what you make of it, I guess.

#26 Guest_Spider Monkey_*

Guest_Spider Monkey_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

Bring wine and cheese with you and you'll fit right in!

In all seriousness have fun, and if you have time take a day trip up to Asheville.

this x100

Asheville > QC

#27 Guest_Spider Monkey_*

Guest_Spider Monkey_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

Thursday nights are when uptown starts gearing up for the weekend. If you're into clubbing, there are places tucked into more nooks and crannies than you can count.
Its pretty hard to really get lost uptown - just remember Tryon St. runs north to south, everything on one side is east and the other is west. Same with Trade Street running east-west. There is plenty to for a weekend in that small area.
But if you want to get out a little more, I second the Scarowinds suggestion.
I don't eat a whole lot uptown - I pack my lunch for work every day. But I hear a lot of good things about Rooster's, Blue, and Mertz. There's a place inside the Independence building (corner of trade and Tryon) with a good, affordable breakfast menu - the name escapes me at the moment.

Most visitors seem to take an extreme view: too boring or too much going on. It depends what you make of it, I guess.

The clubs in Charlotte sucked when I was at UNCC. Nothing but obnoxiously loud, crappy music and 18-25yo chicks standing around tweeting and taking instagram photos.

#28 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

Rock Bottom downtown is a good restaurant.  Easy parking right at the 7th Street Station parking deck.

#29 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,326 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

A-Rod has earned over $400,000,000 & smashes super models.

OP sits in his dorm room and insults anyone who disagrees with him.

This coming from a guy with a stick man humping "your mom" in his avatar...makes me giggle. 

#30 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,603 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

Rock Bottom downtown is a good restaurant. Easy parking right at the 7th Street Station parking deck.

When I was in college I had a particularly bad night that started at Rock Bottom. Had nothing to do with the resturaunt, that was great, but afterward.... sheesh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com