23 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:39 PM

Tell me about it....anything going on there this time of year? I've never been and don't know much about it. Got a milestone birthday coming up and looking for a weekend getaway.

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,101 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

I lived down there back in the 80s, a friend of mine rents a house there every year. More laid back and low rent than Isle of Palms Etc. Downtown Charleston is only 15 minutes or so away. If you want low key away from it all try Edisto. Folly is nice because it's not pretentious but still close to all that if desired.

#3 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,870 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

my sole memory of folly beach in october was when I was about 8. I got several dozen of these stuck on my legs

FGLWZF5F4CSPKHU.MEDIUM.jpg

#4 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,083 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

Pretty boring beach to be honest.

#5 PanthersBigD

PanthersBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

We spend a good bit of time down in that area. What are you looking to do?

#6 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

Great place to go if you do not like beaches like myrtle.

#7 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

We spend a good bit of time down in that area. What are you looking to do?

Just me and my girl looking for a place to do a birthday bash but just the two of us. We both like bar hopping but I wanted something more low key then Myrtle but still fun. We could stay in Myrtle, save a bunch of $ and do their big Halloween bash but I just want to do something different. How are the bars in Folly this time of year? The Tides was already booked up. I know Charleston is just a short drive also. The condo we are looking at is right near Snapper Jacks if that helps.

#8 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Pretty boring beach to be honest.

I heard there was a street that had some cool bars / shops / restaurants. No?

#9 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

fug that place, there is atleast one hoe that frequents snapper jacks and fbsc.

#10 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,162 posts
  • Location704

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

Great place to go if you do not like beaches like myrtle.

I quit going to Myrtle Beach after I was old enough to buy beer. We went there (Cherry Grove) in HS and year or two after HS and most def raised hell, but after you turn 21 you have no business going there. 

Charleston area is awesome, but my favorite beach to go to is Wrightsville Beach. 

#11 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

Yeah its nice. A lot more laid back and bohemian than myrtle. Pretty good food, gotta go to Charleston for the good good.

Has a wicked mouth to the inlet if you like jet skiing. Intense choppy waves made for big air a half mile or so until you hit the ocean. Schools of porpoises everywhere and a nice little nature reserve at the end of the beach.

#12 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,194 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

bonfire,beverages and beauties are all you need in folly jr.

#13 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,343 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:05 AM

Tell me about it....anything going on there this time of year? I've never been and don't know much about it. Got a milestone birthday coming up and looking for a weekend getaway.

To answer your question, it's a great place at a nice time of the year. October is one of the best months in Charleston. It can still be warm enough to hit the beach in the middle of the day. There are some really cool restaurants/bars taco boy, surf bar, Rita's (for breakfast and bloodys). The Tides has a nice beach bar also. If you like oysters, goto Bowans Island just a short drive away. Another good restaurant if you are looking for seafood is Charleston Crab house, it sits on the water and is also a small drive away. It's not very touristy there, it's a little more artsy. You will have a great time. I am jealous, happy birthday.

#14 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

To answer your question, it's a great place at a nice time of the year. October is one of the best months in Charleston. It can still be warm enough to hit the beach in the middle of the day. There are some really cool restaurants/bars taco boy, surf bar, Rita's (for breakfast and bloodys). The Tides has a nice beach bar also. If you like oysters, goto Bowans Island just a short drive away. Another good restaurant if you are looking for seafood is Charleston Crab house, it sits on the water and is also a small drive away. It's not very touristy there, it's a little more artsy. You will have a great time. I am jealous, happy birthday.

Thanks, just convinced me to book it.

#15 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

I quit going to Myrtle Beach after I was old enough to buy beer. We went there (Cherry Grove) in HS and year or two after HS and most def raised hell, but after you turn 21 you have no business going there. 

Charleston area is awesome, but my favorite beach to go to is Wrightsville Beach. 

Myrtle is good for one thing........golf. Headed down the week after I go to Folly with a group of guys for a yearly golf trip which is another reason I didn't want to go there for Halloween. Although I must admit, they do throw the largest Halloween party I have ever seen.

If my girl didn't have a condo on Crescent Beach in Myrtle the only time I would go is for this golf outing. We go down a couple times a month in the summer but after 2 days I can't wait to get out of there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com