Photo
- - - - -

Dominant Secondary

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
59 replies to this topic

#46 wine-o and cheese-doodle

wine-o and cheese-doodle

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

The Bills dink and dunked their way to victory over us and on the last drive they did it by repeating the same play. That was pitiful.

#47 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

You guys are hilarious.

huddle complains when the media says negative things about the panthers...then complains when the write positive things about the panthers.

#48 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

Not to be a bummer but we haven't played any good passing offenses outside of Seattle, so I think it's hard to judge how good this secondary is. But we're going to see SF, NE and ATL soon enough, by then we'll have a great idea where they stand.

Seattle and SF are run first teams. We have faced passing offenses in NYG and ARI. ATL won't be a big deal because they don't have their two receivers.

#49 CelticCat

CelticCat

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

http://q.usatoday.co...econdaries-nfl/

Lol. I had to post it.

They've played well overall but it has a lot more to do with the 7 guys in front of them. Good to see them, and the team, get some recognition.

So basically all our points given up are being given up by the secondary. no rushing scores allowed.

Carolina is #1 in total yards given up, #2 in points given up (KC 65) and #2 in points given up per game.

If we keep that up and don't make the playoffs I'll be a little PO'd.

#50 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

i have yet to see anyone stick up for the guy IMO, as of the last couple of years he's been solid. Guys said the same thing about gamble last year

People have been claiming he was a good S for some time...

Gamble was good CB.

#51 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

The Bills dink and dunked their way to victory over us and on the last drive they did it by repeating the same play. That was pitiful.

Out scheme in general gives teams the dink
and dunk.....and we greatly give it up in prevent.

We are suppose to limit the dinks and hope they gamble.....you could argue we did just that against Buff and the refs screwed us. We got the pick. Ticky tack call IMO

#52 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:23 PM

The Giants were the #1 passing offense when we faced them. Held Eli to 120 yards.

Giants. Giants have the 8th ranked passing O....
We lowered them

True, but given the fact that Eli only had 23 attempts and was heavily pressured on roughly half those, I think it's safe to say our secondary wasn't really tested.

Also with a 53 comp percentage, 64 Qb rating, league high 15 ints, and a pedestrian 7.5 yd/ attempt I wouldn't consider them a good passing team. There is reason great sites like Football Outsiders and Advanced Nfl Statisics have the NYG ranked so low in pass offence, there simply not that good.

#53 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

Seattle and SF are run first teams. We have faced passing offenses in NYG and ARI. ATL won't be a big deal because they don't have their two receivers.

I don't think run first teams equates to bad or average passing offenses and I don't think passing first equate to good passing offenses.
However Sf is doing worse then I initially thought, though they might be getting Mannigham back by the time we play them.
Didn't know that ATL was missing White too, that's great news for us.

#54 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

So basically all our points given up are being given up by the secondary. no rushing scores allowed.

Carolina is #1 in total yards given up, #2 in points given up (KC 65) and #2 in points given up per game.

If we keep that up and don't make the playoffs I'll be a little PO'd.

We've only surrendered 2 rushing TD's.

#55 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

HUDDLER

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

People have been claiming he was a good S for some time...

Gamble was good CB.

Good never, but he's solid starter IMO though he woud have a career year if not for the injury, hes gotten better every season.

#56 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

Good never, but he's solid starter IMO though he woud have a career year if not for the injury, hes gotten better every season.

So let's assume for a minute that he's not quite good and is just an adequate or solid starter. 

Godfrey is scheduled to make something like 8 million next year (too lazy to look up the actual number). Guys with the level of play demonstrated by Godfrey, and playing a non-premium position, do not deserve anywhere near that kind of money. Maybe 3 to 3.5 million max per year is more in line with his true value.

I think it's about 90% likely he's played his last game as a Panther.

Edit: I just found his contract on Rotoworld. It appears his cap hit next year is around 6.1 million. But here's the ugly part...it also looks like some or all of his salary is guaranteed for next year, so we would take a pretty big hit if we cut him. Thanks again, Marty.

#57 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

So let's assume for a minute that he's not quite good and is just an adequate or solid starter. 

Godfrey is scheduled to make something like 8 million next year (too lazy to look up the actual number). Guys with the level of play demonstrated by Godfrey, and playing a non-premium position, do not deserve anywhere near that kind of money. Maybe 3 to 3.5 million max per year is more in line with his true value.

agreed.

when you are due a poo ton of money and you go out and your back up is making barely over the vet min but the quality of play improves....yeah, you might just be a liability and be history real soon.

i can't see godfrey staying next year.

#58 Cpt slay a ho

Cpt slay a ho

Lord Flacko

HUDDLER

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Edit: I just found his contract on Rotoworld. It appears his cap hit next year is around 6.1 million. But here's the ugly part...it also looks like some or all of his salary is guaranteed for next year, so we would take a pretty big hit if we cut him. Thanks again, Marty.

yeah i've said Godfrey is gone barring some contract restructure or something, Peoples say he sucks but he doesn't,he has a bad contract just like some say d will is not good but in reality he is just has a bad contract. I agree Godfrey is good as gone barring some major contract magic.

#59 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

I don't think run first teams equates to bad or average passing offenses and I don't think passing first equate to good passing offenses.
However Sf is doing worse then I initially thought, though they might be getting Mannigham back by the time we play them.
Didn't know that ATL was missing White too, that's great news for us.

Yeah so happy Julio is gone for the year. I bet they mail it in from here on out. Imagine if they lose to the bucs tomorrow.

#60 CelticCat

CelticCat

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

We've only surrendered 2 rushing TD's.

so its an error, the secondary haven't given up 68, its even less then, what 54?