Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ESPN: Sean McDermott, Master of Carolina Defense

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Lol what was it we used to call him? Sean McDumbass? McDerp? I honestly can't even remember.

Defense has come a loooong way since 2011. Granted we had no LBers, no DTs, Hardy wasn't the Kraken yet, and no secondary outside of Gamble.

So what ! Those are just excuses. No seriously we could have retooled the defense and they still could be playing like crap. It shows he is a talented coordinator if given the tools.

Posted

McDermott for Head Coach 2014?

jk, but how much does Rivera has to do with the improvement of this defense?

Posted

I dont know how much is him, and how much is Rivera.

This is Rivera's defense, no doubt.

He has feilded #1 defenses for 2 different teams as a co-ordinator. Both Chicago and San Diego. 

1 person likes this

Posted

the guy most responsible for both mcD and rivera is jim johnson. they learned how to run a D from him.

Posted

The real winner is the team that scopes up Rivera as a DC after he gets canned here. 

Posted

So many accolades for our defense is a good thing.  But I would like to wait and see how we do against some of the better offenses in the league before I am convinced.  If the saints and patriots torch us, then its much ado about nothing. 

Excuse me, where is NE's offense

Posted

The combo of Rivera and McDermott is downright nasty for the D.

Posted

Excuse me, where is NE's offense

Coming off of a win against the Saints in which they scored more points against the Saints than any other team this year. They are also in first place in their division with one of the best quarterbacks in the history of the NFL and a group of receivers that is getting better every week.

They will likely be a tough test for our defense.

Posted

Was it a satirical piece? LOL.

We have great players on D.