Photo
- - - - -

Cam Is Improving

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
62 replies to this topic

#25 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Cam has been playing really, really well. I'm glad to see it.

#26 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

Cam is really maturing now and finding that balance between taking what the defense gives him and then taking the chances needed to win the game. I imagine that next year we will bring in some top flight WR talent and then we can really kick into high gear and get alittle more vertical like in 2011.

#27 Shonuff

Shonuff

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

Cam is really maturing now and finding that balance between taking what the defense gives him and then taking the chances needed to win the game. I imagine that next year we will bring in some top flight WR talent and then we can really kick into high gear and get alittle more vertical like in 2011.

This, I stated his arm strength was bit of a detriment....trying to throw 20 yard passes on 3rd and 15.  He's really learning that getting 10 yards on a 3rd and 15 isn't a bad thing. 

#28 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

15/17 204 12YPA 88% completion 1 TD

Yeah I'd say so.  That is almost flawless.

And don't forget the 137 passer rating to go with it, if we're counting. 

#29 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

And don't forget the 137 passer rating to go with it, if we're counting. 

Sure I'll take it haha.

#30 footballisasport

footballisasport

HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

Of course the team is improving, especially the defense, but I think that Cam as a player is also improving.  He has always been very special, but I really think he has improved a lot personally, and I think that deserves recognition, especially given the crap he was getting earlier in the season.

Cam has proven that he knows how to win. He is only Superman because so much was placed on him when he joined this team. There isn't anything wrong with being Clark kent every now and then. Him and the Panthers can grow together all the way to an SB ring.

In all honesty, I am beyond proud of the Panthers' Defense. I know the Offense can pull it together. You did win by 30, not 7. Let's not give the Defense all the credit. :)

But, having your Defense figure out how to win will make the difference between the Play-offs and going home early. I have been saying that two seasons in the row now.

Can the Panthers make it three in a row? It's possible. I believe. Notice I didn't say Cam. ;)

#31 PhillyB

PhillyB

sườn núi phía đông thứ ba của mặt trời

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

TRADE 4 GENO

#32 PantherGuy

PantherGuy

SUPPORTER

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

It's never been about Cam improving its been about him playing well consistently.

IMO improving consistency is still improving. The best QBs are consistently good. Many of the average ones are sometimes good, sometimes bad. I'm not sure how achieving better consistency isn't improvement.

#33 footballisasport

footballisasport

HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

Cam will be one of the greats and he's only getting better. like teeray said enjoy the ride he's not the finished product yet..and we haven't even started to build around him yet.

Cam been improving since late last year where he went on that great pass without -int ratio

He doesn't need to be the greatest. IMO, he just needs to do what he does best. Take teams folks see as no big deal all the way to the Championship. He did it twice before. Can he do it with the Panthers? 

#34 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

we are just witnessing Cam's desire to get better. never doubted he would put in the work. if you truly want someone who will do what it takes to win it equals Cam Newton

#35 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

TonyN? Where are you

#36 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

It's never been about Cam improving its been about him playing well consistently.

I think he has been consistent this year. He hasn't been perfect for the season, but then even Manning and Brady aren't great all the time. Newton I think has shown the consistency necessary to win football games. The team needs to be tweaked in a few places, but I am satisfied so far with the play at Quarterback.