103 replies to this topic

#61 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

I doubt he is in midseason form yet. I would expect him to be worked in slowly. Still he is the perfect mix of Dwill and Tolbert that can wear on a defense.

#62 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationYadkinville

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

tjmurray, on 22 Oct 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

You can't be serious... This wasn't an ankle sprain

yes it was a severe ankle sprain that lingered and they never let him fully recover. Then he sprained the other ankle as well.

Had it cleaned up by the doctors in a successful arthroscopy procedure. He has been rehabbing for a while its possible he could come back with stronger ankles.

#63 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationYadkinville

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

Dwill has been average at best. His one game that was decent was against the worst defense in the league. Still has yet to find the end zone.

#64 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

All I know is one of them s gone next year.The remaining games will determine who is the last man standing. I really can't see DG keeping three backs and Tolbert....just not necessary with Cam and his running abilities.

#65 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,232 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

Dwill has been average at best. His one game that was decent was against the worst defense in the league. Still has yet to find the end zone.

Question is would Stewart be doing better. Many on this board have labeled Stewart the better running back, yet their career stats are practically identical except Stewart has fumbled much more. This is true of every year even last.

#66 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

Question is would Stewart be doing better. Many on this board have labeled Stewart the better running back, yet their career stats are practically identical except Stewart has fumbled much more. This is true of every year even last.

Oh boy... CRA will be coming for you...

#67 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,232 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

Oh boy... CRA will be coming for you...

Yeah, dude is a broken record.

#68 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationYadkinville

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

Happy Panther, on 22 Oct 2013 - 1:14 PM, said:

I just see a better all around back in Stewart. Better size, better power, better strength, better acceleration, better at gaining yards after contact. Dwill just has a little more break away speed.

Guess I'm just not a big Dwill fan. I love his personality and actions off of the field don't get me wrong. But he goes down way too easily and has trouble exploding through the holes. Also, will never forgive him for fumbling that ball in that Seattle game.

#69 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

yes it was a severe ankle sprain that lingered and they never let him fully recover. Then he sprained the other ankle as well.

Had it cleaned up by the doctors in a successful arthroscopy procedure. He has been rehabbing for a while its possible he could come back with stronger ankles.

Ankles are tricky. Especially for backs. There is no guarantee that the soreness he feels will ever go away. I know #34 had ankle surgery and he hasn't been the same.

#70 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,386 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

father time....WIlliams is old.  Career stats don't mean much when talking about a players current form near the end of his career.

We need new blood running next year.

#71 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,565 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

father time....WIlliams is old. Career stats don't mean much when talking about a players current form near the end of his career.

And Stewart has been under the knife three times in his career already. I'm not sure, but feet/ankles are important to a running back.

#72 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

father time....WIlliams is old. Career stats don't mean much when talking about a players current form near the end of his career.

We need new blood running next year.

Please just stop....

#73 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,386 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

Yeah, dude is a broken record.

and here we are.....and now people are singing my song.

#74 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,386 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:33 PM

Please just stop....

Um, this is where the conversation belongs.   More and more are just agreeing w/ what I have been saying...

you don't want to discuss it...don't.

#75 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,509 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

Sounds good to me, if he's ready, get him out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com