Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First Carolina Experience

102 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

awesome. glad you had a good time. i was at the game as well, albeit in the upper level. i've sat in the lower sections and it is definitely more calm than the 500 sections.

hope you make it back for another game

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Awesome stuff and glad you had a great trip. I don't think I'd fly across country if I could avoid it. I was at the BBQ festival this weekend too (one of the most criminally underrated events of Charlotte) and glad u got to get some pig. There were better tents out there than Macs so I hope u tried some more. It's like a college tailgate during homecoming/alumni weekend. 

You still gotta answer my question on how in the hell there's a person from Wash state who appears to be a big panther fan? 

One other thing, as I mentioned, I was downtown basically the entire weekend. I didn't go into the game Sunday but I was out there at 8:30 AM tailgating. I stated this several times during the threads the past couple of days, but something FELT different out there. I'm talking about the environment. A lot of us were like "damn man there's a lot of us out here today. not a lot opposing jerseys", etc...The tailgating spots were packed and I swear it just felt different. Kinda had a playoff game atmosphere and the fans were 99% Panthers and were rowdy and pumped up. Then I see not once, but TWICE, bottles being thrown onto the field which I can honestly say I don't ever recall seeing that at a game. One of them hit Chris Long. So yeah, it was different Sunday. I dunno why. 

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Glad you enjoyed the trip. But the main thing I was looking for was if you tried Carolina BBQ or not. I see that you had, so you get pie. Priorities!

Posted · Report post

Great read.

Luke looks a lot smaller in that picture with you. For some reason i expected him to be this really huge guy.

Posted · Report post

So glad we got a win either way, but made it just a little nicer knowing you had flown all that way and had looked forward to it so much.  Actually thought of you during the game and kept on wishing the game would have something for you to remember.  You know I always look forward to anything you post on your videos.  Y'all come back now, ya hear?

Oh..........Rumble, young man, rumble.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

It was my first home game as well, and I can attest to everything you said.

By the way, I think I saw you where the players were walking out after the game, on the east side of the stadium near the railroad bridge. I was going to say hi but my lady friend kept bugging me to go. (Really wish I hadn't brought her to Charlotte with me).

5 people like this

Posted · Report post

(Really wish I hadn't brought her to Charlotte with me).

You should bring her to a Charlotte race next year. That's a real relationship test.

I have a close friend from HS/college who now lives in Virginia. He brought a girl down to the 600 last year and she had never been to a race, despite the fact that there's like 3 tracks in VA. They broke up within a week because she was so appalled in the way he  behaved. 

Also - OP did you come by yourself and where did u stay ???

Posted · Report post

Good stuff man. I'm from NC, but I live in Atlanta. I've only seen BoA once from the outside over the summer when I was a kid. I envy you sooooooooo much. I can't wait to go to my first Panthers home game. How did you become a fan way out there in Washington?

Posted · Report post

Glad you had such a good trip.  Congrats on all the great autographs and pics with players.  You are certainly lucky!

Surprised about 101.  Lower level endzone fans are usually more spirited....usually the best in the stadium.

Also happy to hear you had such a positive experience with the people here...you described as classy.  Sorry they are not that way at home.

Hope you can come again soon.  Glad you are a Panther fan.

3 people like this