69 replies to this topic

#31 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

Yea the patriots and their gonna be 6-2 record and all their super bowls have a real black eye......

All of that was before this. And irrelevant to the situation.

When something like this happens, it changes the way your front office thinks. It changes perspectives. I doubt the pats will draft anyone in a long time that has a checkered past.

Some people have this thing called self-respect and morals. Just because you have scumbags on your team doesn't mean you're going to win a damn thing (bengals, rams). It's better to build with a singular identity. And fill your locker room with like minded people.

#32 Your GFs favorite huddler

Your GFs favorite huddler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • LocationRural Hall, nc

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

All of that was before this. And irrelevant to the situation.

When something like this happens, it changes the way your front office thinks. It changes perspectives. I doubt the pats will draft anyone in a long time that has a checkered past.

Some people have this thing called self-respect and morals. Just because you have scumbags on your team doesn't mean you're going to win a damn thing (bengals, rams). It's better to build with a singular identity. And fill your locker room with like minded people.

We'll think what you want IMO we should get players who make a difference and not just get us by....I'm tired of mediocre I'm tired of coming up short.....don't beat a dead horse....failure to adapt leads to the same ole bs year in and year out

#33 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

using rae carruth as an argument to not sign a player is literally retarded.

#34 Ruff

Ruff

Formerly Know As RufftownRepresent

• HUDDLER
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

using rae carruth as an argument to not sign a player is literally retarded.

No, it isn't. Just ask anyone close to the panthers why we've never gone for a player who has an indecent past.

I assume that most of you who are saying this dumb poo weren't fans when the whole Rae thing went down. You came on later.

#35 cptx

cptx

Junkhead

• HUDDLER
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

No, it isn't. Just ask anyone close to the panthers why we've never gone for a player who has an indecent past.

I assume that most of you who are saying this dumb poo weren't fans when the whole Rae thing went down. You came on later.

I have been a fan since 95. as far as I know , Carruth wasn't a known "problem guy" when they drafted him. I could be wrong, I've slept since then, but from what I remember that was what was so surprising about it. 

If it is their reasoning, then I say that it is stupid.

#36 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

How in the hell didn't he get out of bounds on that final play? That was dumb.

#37 Your GFs favorite huddler

Your GFs favorite huddler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  • LocationRural Hall, nc

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

Check your facts bro I've been a fan from the start like I said in an earlier post I was at the first ever game in ericcson stadium I may have been 4 but I've been a panther fan the majority of my young life......I remember the Rae carruth incident well and like I said it was over 10 years ago and it's time to move on....I don't remember who said it but I'll quote it "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result" it's time to change.....new gm new attitude

#38 General_Purr

General_Purr

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

we wont make a move on jack poo. sadly.

#39 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 14,717 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

be nice to find a reason to sign all 3....

#40 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,080 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Same old song and dance " off the field issues this" and "character issues that" blah blah blah get off this "good ole boy" syndrome and let's make a move on some PLAYERS that can elevate our team NOW.....this has been our problem since we've been a franchise, JR and his refusal to move on players who have even a small colorful past....I'm over it....bring in superstars to compliment cam not just hard workers

A few off the field issues is one thing....both Gordon and Blackmon are one small mis step from a suspension.

That is a very different thing.

#41 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 2,672 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

A few off the field issues is one thing....both Gordon and Blackmon are one small mis step from a suspension.

That is a very different thing.

That's the risk reward factor. If either of these players didn't have that we wouldn't even be talking about there respective teams trading them. And that brings to the front what are we given up for them. i Would say a 3rd is well worth whatever risk we may get from signing them. Considering how we practically throw a 3rd away every year anyway. Worth the risk in my eyes

#42 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,080 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

That's the risk reward factor. If either of these players didn't have that we wouldn't even be talking about there respective teams trading them. And that brings to the front what are we given up for them. i Would say a 3rd is well worth whatever risk we may get from signing them. Considering how we practically throw i 3rd away every year anyway. Worth the risk in my eyes

I could stomach a 3rd for either of them....if I thought they could get their head straight.

Front office guys and coaches know these guys better...could be that it is widely known that they have not come close to learning a lesson and straightening up. Who knows.

If Gett thought they could be dealt with, I think he would make a move.

#43 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,370 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

Why does Cleveland want to trade their 2nd year receiver?

Multiple references to him being a "knucklehead" on the NFL Network segment on the game today.

#44 Double Trouble

Double Trouble

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

I'd give up a 2nd for Blackmon in a heartbeat. He would be a top 5-10 WR in the NFL easily with Cam

#45 FugginPoo

FugginPoo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

Don't think Browns are serious unless they get a 1st or maybe a 2nd, seems to me they are trying to load up for the draft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.