Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gano appreciation

32 posts in this topic

Posted

That FG was HUGE at the time.  If he misses it, Atlanta would have had great field position.

Posted

how these kickers are not automatic inside 60 yards is beyond me...you get paid millions of dollars to kick a fugin football

FAIL

Posted

I like how he went from "Ganope" to legatron in one year lol.

Posted

He kicked that ball on a line that made it look like one of those kicks that drops just short of splitting the uprights.  Thats how

it looked to me on tv.  So I had to wait for the officials and crowd reaction to know that he made it.  Atleast we can breathe

easier knowing that we now have a capable kicker. 

Same. Sitting in the upper deck with the kick going away from me, I thought the ball was going to drop short of the crossbar. I had to wait for the refs to signal it went through. That ball had more carry to it than I thought it did.

Posted

The Redskins have a shitty field, especially when compared to ours. When you can't consistently plant your leg for a kick it will greatly affect your accuracy.

Seriously, look at the kickers who have been chased out of Washington:

Novak has been reliable for SD.

Gano is blowing shiz up in Carolina.

Suisham is more than serviceable in Pittsburgh.

Basically if you are in need of a kicker, look for the next guy to wash out of the Redskins.

Posted

We are lucky to have ; "Gano The Toe"......The "Skins were a bunch of maroons for cutting him. Oh wait....maroon is one of their colors...coincidence?

Posted

I'm going to write down all your names so when/if he misses one clutch FG this year, I'll see which if you wants him cut the next day.

Posted

Gano is a great guy too. I spoke with him in the hotel in Arizona and he is as personable and approachable as the come. I wish him all the success in the world and a long and healthy career here in Charlotte. 

At Training camp, I spoke to him after practice as well, very nice guy and shook my hand afterwards.

Didn't help that the next person after me said 'who are you?' lol.