Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cary Kollins

what 49er fans are saying

469 posts in this topic

How is QBR made up? Because it doesnt fit the narrative here that Cam is a better QB?

The Golden Calf of Bristol consistently had a high QBR....enough said.

2 people like this

QBR = a asinine combination of unverifiable stats created by the ESPN propaganda machine.. its not a quanative statistical analyse because it relies largely on unofficial statistics and information.

It might be hard to understand, but it's certainly not based on unofficial statistics. Instead, plays are weighted by significance and down and distance and such.

For example a six yard pass on 3rd and 5 is a better play than a 9 yard pass on 3rd and 15.  A touchdown pass in the 4th quarter when the team is down 1 score is more highly regarded than a touchdown pass in the 4th when a team is up 2 scores already. An interception on the last play of the half hail mary isn't as bad as an interception in the 4th with your team down. 

It's not the be all and end all of QB play, but I think it's a little more precise than the traditional passer rating. 

LOL a made up espn stat and even then the only thing setting Kap higher than Newton is sacks....

And we have what, 5 lineman already on IR?

QBR is thankful to playcalls as well.

Amazing one guy has a well renowned QB guru as a head coach.

The other has a guy who largely knows only defense.

It might be hard to understand, but it's certainly not based on unofficial statistics. Instead, plays are weighted by significance and down and distance and such.

For example a six yard pass on 3rd and 5 is a better play than a 9 yard pass on 3rd and 15. A touchdown pass in the 4th quarter when the team is down 1 score is more highly regarded than a touchdown pass in the 4th when a team is up 2 scores already. An interception on the last play of the half hail mary isn't as bad as an interception in the 4th with your team down.

It's not the be all and end all of QB play, but I think it's a little more precise than the traditional passer rating.

Cam is one of the best if not the best 3rd down QBs in the NFL.....

There are far two many example of it being an utter joke to suggest it is better than more traditional means....

We once watched a game here where Jimmy Clausen was our QBRing Brees on a game.....and it was an abomination for anything to suggest that

Which one of you is over on the niners board complaining about cams rushing first down celebration? Show yourself pussy.

lol....I get if Peyton Manning Bronco fans complain. Fans of the bicep kisser can't

Which one of you is over on the niners board complaining about cams rushing first down celebration? Show yourself pussy.

Not I, but that is one of the most annoying things Cam does. 

I like Cam as a QB, but sometimes he celebrates too much when he's up, and sulks too much when he is down. 

Kaep isn't perfect though, I think he likes the spotlight almost as much as Cam does.

In the end, there is nothing wrong with it and these guys are both young, but it comes off as a bit immature. 

Not I, but that is one of the most annoying things Cam does.

I like Cam as a QB, but sometimes he celebrates too much when he's up, and sulks too much when he is down.

Kaep isn't perfect though, I think he likes the spotlight almost as much as Cam does.

In the end, there is nothing wrong with it and these guys are both young, but it comes off as a bit immature.

Cam hasn't sulked since the first half of his career.....people can only hang onto that for so long

Kapernick has his trademark bullpoo celebrations as well....so it is silly for 49er fans to get upset

No it's a Panthers fan on there whining about cams first down celebration not a niners fan

Cam hasn't sulked since the first half of his career.....people can only hang onto that for so long

Kapernick has his trademark bullpoo celebrations as well....so it is silly for 49er fans to get upset

He hasn't done it this year, but last year was particularly bad at times. You're right, he's young and he should get over it. 

Like I said, Kaepernick has his schtick too, so definitely not hating on the man, just voicing an opinion. 

I think we lose. Bad. I've noticed the more the huddle unifies and gains confidence, the Panthers are there to put us on suicide watch.

John Clayton: “I don’t know that the Panthers can put up enough offense against SF’s defense.”

Wednesday on 95.7 The Game, John Clayton broke down the upcoming 49ers-Panthers game. Here is a transcript.

Q: How good is the Carolina team that comes to Candlestick on Sunday?

CLAYTON: “They’re good. They have some holes but they’ve started to turn the corner. You could see from the very first week that their front-seven may not be as good on defense as San Francisco’s, but it’s in the same shadow. I mean, it’s pretty good. It’s probably one of the top-two, three or four front-sevens in the league. San Francisco has the best in my opinion.

“Then you start to look at some of the things that are developing on offense – Cam Newton’s getting more confidence. Now, he doesn’t have a lot of weapons. San Francisco, until they get Manningham and Crabtree back on the field permanently, they don’t have the kind of weapons either, so there is a similarity there.

“The big hole that the Panthers have is in the secondary. They’re really patching the safety spot, patching the cornerback spot. The front-seven covers for it.

“I don’t know that the Panthers can put up enough offense against San Francisco’s defense. If that’s going to be the case, it should be a San Francisco win. But Carolina is a good team. I think they’re definitely in the hunt for the Wild Card.”

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2013/11/inside-the-49ers/john-clayton-i-dont-know-that-the-panthers-can-put-up-enough-offense-against-sfs-defense/