Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

what 49er fans are saying

san francisco 49ers carolina panthers

Best Answer cardiackat88., 04 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

The 49ers beat a whole cast of nobodys and got whooped badly by the Seahawks.

I bet they take us lightly. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

#16 Kelp

Kelp

SWM seeks BBC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

Our bye came at the perfect time if you ask me. We have been hit really hard with the injury bug this season and the bye helped us immensely in that regard.

Although, both 49er message boards contain their fair share of ridiculous posters, I'd give the edge to 49erswebzone...They are pretty terrible over there.

http://forums.49ers....20-The-Red-Zone <---More logical fans on this board.

I doubt Teddy Ginn could offer you guys anything useful. The dude was a terrible pass catcher and was regulated strictly to ST. It is good to see him finally able to live out his dream/desire to be a WR. I just hope he doesn't burn us deep because I'm sure yall will try it.

I remember thinking we took ours at the perfect time too. Then we got punched in the mouth.

Just count your blessings you get to play us in your house, because that's about the only advantage you have right now.

#17 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,313 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

We handled the Seahwaks better than they did. Other than that their d line versus our now THIN oline has me worried.

#18 That49Guy

That49Guy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

Took a visit to 9'er land. 

Most users over there see us as a "decent test", but no one seems really worried.  Lots of predictions of the 49ers blowing us out.  This game will be, like all others before it, the biggest of the season.

Oh and they are still salty about the uni contest  :cam1:

http://www.49erswebz...ay-thread-week/

The 49ers will presumably get Aldon Smith back.  This will be a big test for our offensvie line. 

IMO the key will be the rushing attack.  The Colts put up around 180 yards rushing on San Fran, and I see no reason why we can't do the same.

You're just going to the wrong 49ers messageboard. Go the the 49ers.com forum. Plenty of us are nervous about this game. I just posted all the reasons this will be a tough, even game.

#19 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,313 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

You're just going to the wrong 49ers messageboard. Go the the 49ers.com forum. Plenty of us are nervous about this game. I just posted all the reasons this will be a tough, even game.

Look at our oline and you'll see why I'm worried. We are down two RGs and our backup tackle is playing guard. We are razor thin now and getting ready to face a beast dline.

#20 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,886 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

The key on defense will be to shut down Vernon Davis like we did Tony G in the 2nd half of the Atlanta game.

If we take an entire half to figure out a freak like V.Davis, the game might be out of hand by the 3rd quarter. Not to mention, you can's just send an OLB after him the whole game, because Kaepernick can punish with his legs if you don't have contain on him.

#21 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,685 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:32 PM

I've been reading random 49er forums and I've found a lot of their fans are as nervous about playing us as we are about playing them.  Of course there are the "hurr durr we're gonna beat them by 400" fans...but we have those too.

For my part I'm glad we've made enough progress from last year to this year that other teams are nervous about playing us.  We've done enough to make anyone a little uneasy and if we play like we're capable of playing that won't change this Sunday.

#22 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,235 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:33 PM

Truly one of the cockiest fan bases in the whole league.

#23 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,313 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

Truly one of the cockiest fan bases in the whole league.

They are right now. You didn't hear a peep out of them in 2010 when we played.

#24 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,795 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

seems like you have to register in order to read the forums?

that's too busy

#25 That49Guy

That49Guy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Look at our oline and you'll see why I'm worried. We are down two RGs and our backup tackle is playing guard. We are razor thin now and getting ready to face a beast dline.

Understandable, but our DLine has been decimated as well. Our starting NT went on the IR at the beginning of the season, and our backup is dealing with a hanstring issue. Also, we've got a rookie playing for Aldon. He's (Corey Lemonier) played admirably, but is still a rookie. Justin Smith is getting old, and Ray McDonald is playing with a torn bicep muscle. An injury that usually lands you on the IR, but he's gutting it out because it's supposedly a "minor" tear. If Aldon plays, it's a huge boost, but we aren't healthy either.

Plus, we always struggle with running QBs.

#26 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,235 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

collective 9ers fanbase seems to believe they will put 30-40 up on us.

Thats what blowing out the Jaguars will do to your confidence

#27 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,313 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

A fresh Aldon Smith is major trouble for our tackles IMO

#28 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,795 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

A fresh Aldon Smith is major trouble for our tackles IMO

No doubt.

Hopefully we get some screens in there and quick hits for Cam.

It's gonna be huge having Stewart back in the mix.  He is such a bruiser.

#29 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,764 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:38 PM

collective 9ers fanbase seems to believe they will put 30-40 up on us.

#32 in pass offense..

#1 in rushing, ok, but that meets our #2 run defense.

If we get up on them their "rushing" isn't going to do sshit.

#30 That49Guy

That49Guy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

seems like you have to register in order to read the forums?

that's too busy

I'm not sure? I've been a member since its inception so that could be the case.

Here, I'll quote some of us over there who are the more rational fans:

Ok, I wanna here everybody's score prediction and winner. Here is mine...

Carolina is on a roll, they are the best team we have played since Indy. Their Defense is for real and Cam Newton is playing quite well. I just have a bad feeling about this game. I don't like that it's sandwiched in between the Saints game. I know we are getting Manningham back and most likely Aldon. I just have a bad feeling about this game....

Sadly

Panthers 24

49ers 20 frown.gif

But I hope I'm wrong

What say you?

Our next two games definitely make me jittery. Carolina is playing very well and their defense is quite legit. I really hope we punch them in the mouth with our running game and VD tears them up through the air. I think it'll be a very interesting matchup since we've been playing some not-so-great teams lately. I still think we can take it 30-20.

it's going to be a tough game... we need to be focused... but we are the better team. Just need to show up and execute.

No doubt they will be fired up to start this game and will give us their best game. This is a game they have to win to be taken seriously. This is a scary game for that reason. I think it is a close game into the fourth quarter but we win by two scores when Cam throws a pick and gets tight. They are heading in the right direction and are looking like a potential wild card but I don't think they are ready for these big games yet. This should be the fox game of the week I think.

I don't think this game is going to be a easy as some people think, however I don't expect this will be a Tampa Bay vs Seattle first half blow out either.

It will be a close game for most. Our defense will keep it close for ~2.5-3 qtrs. We make second half adjustments, sustain longer drives and start to pull away.

If Roman calls a smart/sensible game behind the strength of our OL and run blocking we win this one by at least a TD. If Roman brain farts like he did against IND, we will lose this game by at least a TD.

I don't see CAR man handling us and beating us up in 1-1 match-ups like SEA did. We should have an edge in that regard.
Key stats (as they re every week) are time of possession and turnovers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: san francisco 49ers, carolina panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com