Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

what 49er fans are saying

san francisco 49ers carolina panthers

Best Answer cardiackat88., 04 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

The 49ers beat a whole cast of nobodys and got whooped badly by the Seahawks.

I bet they take us lightly. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

#436 That49Guy

That49Guy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

Steelers? Wow, it took me a few seconds to get that. I know you're a 49er fan, and as such, you tend to harp on the past.

Win a superbowl this millennium, and then get back to me. Until then, you lost one superbowl, and we lost one superbowl.

Btw, I'd take Tavaris Jackson over Kaeperclit any day.

You brought up the past douchebag, with your cough, cough remark.

And that's sad, you forgot about your only moment of glory, a loss in the Superbowl.

And yeah, we lost won, but we won 5 others. So suck on that long and hard before you bring the past up Archie.

#437 Marvin49

Marvin49

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:07 PM

The Niners are a good team.  Everyone (well most people) here knows it. 

But us Panthers fans are fighting for the same type of respect for our team that you guys have already earned the last two seasons.

When I watch these two teams, I don't see a big difference.  I think we are every bit as good as you guys.

This game Sunday could go anyway.  We could get blown out, we could blow you guys out, or it could be a close game.  It is going to come down to who takes care of the ball.

My gut (and analysis) feels like this will be a low possession, low scoring game.  And mistakes are going to be magnified.

I think these are two really good teams, and in order for you guys to beat us, or in order for us to beat you, our teams are going to have to play clean games.  Penalties, drops, and turnovers for either team will be the difference between winning or getting crushed.

We aren't taking you guys lightly or think you guys aren't good, you are, but we do feel that you guys aren't better than us and if we play our game and take care of the ball we will win.  And I am sure you guys feel the same way.

I can see how you get there.

These teams are far more similar than they are different. They are built the same way and seek to beat you in the same manner.

I think the biggest differences are on the O-Line, the Secondary (which seems odd to say, but Reid is BETTER than Goldson), and Coaching. That last one has more to do with my respect for the SF coaching staff than any lack of respect for the panthers staff.

I think the Niners will win. I would not be at all suprised tho if the Panthers win. You guys are on the upswing in a big way.

#438 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,008 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

BTW, I think it is more important to look at teams more than records.

A team's record is not always indicative to how good they are or how bad they are.

#439 Marvin49

Marvin49

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

And that's sad, you forgot about your only moment of glory, a loss in the Superbowl.

And yeah, we lost won, but we won 5 others. So suck on that long and hard before you bring the past up Archie.

Just leave it alone bro. Its a Panthers forum. No reason to be arguing with a 'hawks fan here. I did it myself..no judgement...just pointless.

#440 CTHawk

CTHawk

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

Actually, I brought up the RECENT past, as it applies to your CURRENT team, in this CURRENT era of the NFL.

Nobody outside the bay area gives a rat's a$$ about Lombardi trophies you hoisted before the days of dial-up Internet.

#441 Marvin49

Marvin49

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

BTW, I think it is more important to look at teams more than records.

A team's record is not always indicative to how good they are or how bad they are.

Very true.

Case in point...KC Chiefs.

#442 CTHawk

CTHawk

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

Just leave it alone bro. Its a Panthers forum. No reason to be arguing with a 'hawks fan here. I did it myself..no judgement...just pointless.

Yeah, I'm guilty of it too. :)

But hey, I like actually being able to argue with you guys w/out having your mods ban me for simply pointing out facts. :)

#443 CTHawk

CTHawk

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

Very true.

And the TB Bucs.  :phew:

#444 Marvin49

Marvin49

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

And the TB Bucs.  :phew:

...and the Jags....

...no....wait.....they really are that bad.

The Niners and 'hawks outscored them by a collective score of 89-27...and all I can think reading that is how the hell did they allow 27?

#445 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,008 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:21 PM

Very true.

As Hawk said, I think the Bucs are better than their record. I still think ATL is better than they are playing right now, even with their injuries.

I think the Chiefs are not the best team in the NFL.

I am an obvious homer, but I felt the Panthers have been better than their record the last two seasons.

But beating any NFL team the way the Niners and Panthers have the last month is impressive

#446 CTHawk

CTHawk

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

...and the Jags....

...no....wait.....they really are that bad.

The Niners and 'hawks outscored them by a collective score of 89-27...and all I can think reading that is how the hell did they allow 27?

Seahawks allowed 17, 7 of which was courtesy of a poor Russell Wilson decision which led to an INT inside our own 5 yd line. The rest of it was because we had backups in there in the 4th quarter when the game was out of reach.

#447 CTHawk

CTHawk

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:27 PM

I am an obvious homer, but I felt the Panthers have been better than their record the last two seasons.

As a non-homer, even I would agree with that.

#448 Marvin49

Marvin49

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

Seahawks allowed 17, 7 of which was courtesy of a poor Russell Wilson decision which led to an INT inside our own 5 yd line. The rest of it was because we had backups in there in the 4th quarter when the game was out of reach.

Same for 7 of the 10 Niners allowed.

I was only trying to be funny tho.  :)

#449 Marvin49

Marvin49

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

As a non-homer, even I would agree with that.

Me too. Any Niner fan that thinks this will be a cakewalk isn't paying attention.

#450 CTHawk

CTHawk

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:40 PM

At the end of the day, none of us have anywhere near enough knowledge to accurately predict the outcome. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if this was a cakewalk for either team, or a close game. One can only guess at the outcome based on the information from past games.

Any given sunday.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: san francisco 49ers, carolina panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com