Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

what 49er fans are saying

san francisco 49ers carolina panthers

Best Answer cardiackat88., 04 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

The 49ers beat a whole cast of nobodys and got whooped badly by the Seahawks.

I bet they take us lightly. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
468 replies to this topic

#31 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:39 PM

My biggest fear is that we have a tendency to abandon the run and get pass happy. We need to stay patient, wear them down, and take advantage our surplus of run talent.

#32 49erVisitor

49erVisitor

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

I think it will be a good game but we will control it the entire time. We are currently on a nice momentum rise and we are starting to get healthy again. To play us at home under these conditions just doesn't look good for you guys.

Y'all do, however, have a nice RB committe and that will be the key to yall having a chance.

#33 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,128 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

POPULAR

they're talking about us not beating anyone good

this is the team that lost 29-3 to the Seahawks, lost 27-7 to the Colts

then proceeded to beat the Rams, Texans, Cardinals, Titans and Jaguars

#34 That49Guy

That49Guy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

#32 in pass offense..

#1 in rushing, ok, but that meets our #2 run defense.

If we get up on them their "rushing" isn't going to do sshit.

We don't have much of a passing game, but we've played one less game than most teams, and we run the ball so well we don't need to throw as much.

NFL stats are completely erroneous by themselves and as shallow as they get. Our passing attack isn't good by any means, but it's nowhere near the worst in the NFL.

#35 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,389 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

i think both teams are pretty similar, evenly matched with the exception their oline is about 5 times what ours is

#36 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,344 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

I think it will be a good game but we will control it the entire time. We are currently on a nice momentum rise and we are starting to get healthy again. To play us at home under these conditions just doesn't look good for you guys.

Y'all do, however, have a nice RB committe and that will be the key to yall having a chance.

Good luck. Carolina leads the league in time of possession.

SF is 15th.

Edit: my mind immediately went to time of possession, rereading I don't think that's what you meant

#37 That49Guy

That49Guy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

I've been reading random 49er forums and I've found a lot of their fans are as nervous about playing us as we are about playing them.  Of course there are the "hurr durr we're gonna beat them by 400" fans...but we have those too.

For my part I'm glad we've made enough progress from last year to this year that other teams are nervous about playing us.  We've done enough to make anyone a little uneasy and if we play like we're capable of playing that won't change this Sunday.

Yeah, that's exactly how the fanbase is outside of the goofballs in Cali who watch nothing but 49ers games.

#38 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,389 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:44 PM

I think it will be a good game but we will control it the entire time. We are currently on a nice momentum rise and we are starting to get healthy again

and we aren't?  some would say we have been more dominating in our current streaks.  but both of us are peaking right now.  i say we have a slight edge at QB, but you guys definitely have the upper hand in Oline.  Our defenses are both tough up front and a little less in the secondary, you guys have the upper hand there too.  

#39 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:45 PM

I think it will be a good game but we will control it the entire time. We are currently on a nice momentum rise and we are starting to get healthy again. To play us at home under these conditions just doesn't look good for you guys.

We've won 4 in a row, in case you haven't been paying attention.  I'd also call that having "nice momentum."

Y'all are pitiful in terms of passing offense, and that works out perfectly for us...because we are DOMINANT in stopping the run.  I hardly think you'll "control it the entire time."

The 49ers aren't the juggernaut you think you are.  I expect the Panthers to walk out of hippy-land with a 10+ point win.

#40 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,865 posts

Yeah, that's exactly how the fanbase is outside of the goofballs in Cali who watch nothing but 49ers games.

I saw a few people saying that Manningham and Crabtree might be back this week, is this true?

#41 That49Guy

That49Guy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

and we aren't?  some would say we have been more dominating in our current streaks.  but both of us are peaking right now.  i say we have a slight edge at QB, but you guys definitely have the upper hand in Oline.  Our defenses are both tough up front and a little less in the secondary, you guys have the upper hand there too.  

Our secondary is very good. An underrated part of our defense for sure, and our best CB is on the IR.

#42 49erVisitor

49erVisitor

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

We don't have much of a passing game, but we've played one less game than most teams, and we run the ball so well we don't need to throw as much.

NFL stats are completely erroneous by themselves and as shallow as they get. Our passing attack isn't good by any means, but it's nowhere near the worst in the NFL.

Lets also not forget who our WR's have been lol. I think any team throwing to who Kap had available not named Boldin would be last in passing.

#43 That49Guy

That49Guy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

I saw a few people saying that Manningham and Crabtree might be back this week, is this true?

Crabtree won't be back for a month, maybe 3 weeks at earliest. Manningham might, but I doubt it. I'd be shocked if he played. They had to activate him or put him on IR.

We desperately need the help at WR though, so they may push him. Outside of Boldin, our receivers are seriously atrocious. We have a solid #2, and a bunch of 4's and 5's.

#44 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,389 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

Our secondary is very good. An underrated part of our defense for sure, and our best CB is on the IR.

yea i meant compared to the front seven, i think we are very similar in terms of strengths and weaknesses for each team.

#45 jfo89

jfo89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationHuntington Beach, California

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

I think their offense will score a little more than our d usually gives up, just because they will probably have good field position on a few drives. We probably give up between 17-24. So it comes down to how well our offense plays (which scares me because of o-line injuries), and if our d or special teams can score.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: san francisco 49ers, carolina panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com