Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game Grades - Panthers at 49ers

76 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Offense gets a B from me. They flew 2k miles to the wrong side of the country and did enough to beat an outstanding defense that was coming off a 5 game win streak. Despite the pedestrian numbers they made the plays when the had to, extending drives, eating the clock and getting on scoring position 3 times.

Defense- not enough can be said.

We converted 41% of our 3rd down conversions....that alone gets a B in my book

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

We converted 41% of our 3rd down conversions....that alone gets a B in my book

The other 59% were dropped passes
6 people like this

Posted · Report post

I was about to say the same thing.

Posted · Report post

two hands, one hand, two hands and one foot with it ziptied to his chest...you hold on to the ball no matter what that late in the game and up by one score.

it was no excuse for williams, it's no excuse for stewart...and I'm a stewart homer.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

two hands, one hand, two hands and one foot with it ziptied to his chest...you hold on to the ball no matter what that late in the game and up by one score.

it was no excuse for williams, it's no excuse for stewart...and I'm a stewart homer.

Period. The end.

Posted · Report post

uh oh, lynch mob out to get JStew.

Btw, just a heads up, we won.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

That's the conclusion you came up with after reading this thread? Wow....good call.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Well, all I have to say is, yesterday's game was a street brawl between Colin and Cam. They both brought their teams along and the game was everything it was billed to be. The media stated that the defense was going to win it for either team because they were pretty well matched on the offensive side. They were, for the most part, right.

But and I do mean BUT...the Panthers Receivers could have done way more damage in the scoring department if they had caught some of those balls Cam threw.

I remembered watching a game, don't remember what team, but the Announcer was livid because the Receivers of that team kept dropping perfectly passed balls. The Announcer's suggestion was, maybe it's time for those Receivers to put some velcro on their gloves if they are having a hard time catching and holding onto the ball. I will say the same thing to the Panthers Offense. They need to do whatever it takes to help Cam. The team is on a roll. Let's not mess up a good game because issues with catching balls. That is what practice is for.  I am not one of those fans who expect perfection and will go beating up on players because I know how fickled the game of football can be but when the team is in position to capitalize and they are not because of dropped balls, that energizes the other team when they see that. As stated many time Football is both physical and psychological.

Maybe it's time to put some sticky or velcro on those gloves. Do whatever it takes to catch those perfectly thrown balls because you know not every single ball will be perfect.

Anyway, after watching yesterdays game. I will give the Offense a B. They redeemed themselves despite the dropped balls, Cam Int, and the O-line breaking down to quickly around Cam.

The Defense gets a solid A+. They showed up and showed out!!! Nuff said.

The Secondary did make two costly mistakes, so I will give them a Solid c+

And whoever that guy was on the Panthers defense that caught Colin's INT, maybe the Offensive coach need to use him to show the Receivers of this team how to JUMP and CATCH a damn ball. :)

Posted · Report post

In a game of field position, Nortman and Ginn did a hell of a job flipping the field, that alone deserves a 'B' grade for special teams.

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

i'm actually happy the game went as sloppy as it did (for the second week in a row) and the team still pull away with a win.

it shows the team has gotten over the hump of folding at the slightest mistake.

Posted · Report post

Since i cannot make my own thread, i will eat my crow here.

Yall whooped the hell out of us. Maybe more of a physical beating than the Seahawks put on us.

The Panthers defense is for real....We had many plays of luck and fortune go our way and we still couldn't do anything.

I was surprised to see Frank Gore run pretty decently on yall until he got hurt and that was the end of that.

This loss does hurt though, only way to recover is to whoop the hell out of the Saints. If Kaep doesn't show some type of composure in the pocket going forward we are doomed against any team with a good defense.

Congrats and GG.

Well done, sir. See ya in January.....at our place.