#1 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,851 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

...at least in some circles, will be that the 49ers either aren't as good as had been thought or just laid an egg yesterday.

If you hear or read that, don't bother getting too pissed off.  I understand the feeling, but it's kind of pointless.

The Patriots game now becomes the next "measuring stick", and I'll be anxious to see how we do there.  Of course, there are also the two games yet to come against the Saints.

Celebrate yesterday to the fullest, but there's plenty of season yet to go.

#2 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,809 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:08 AM

Not that I am not worried about the Pats but I saw the 49ers as a far better team talent wise. The Pats have Brady but that's it and we ripped one of the best olines in football apart, just imagine what a imoble Brady will have to deal with.

#3 Neylus

Neylus

Limited Edition

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

Yup, they keep moving the goalposts.

#4 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,722 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:18 AM

At this point we are 6-3 and  guaranteed no better than 6-10 unless we keep winning.  In order to stay in the divisional hunt we need to keep winning.  NE is the next one up. We need to do what good teams do.  Win at home and steal a few on the road. So far we have gone 3-2 on the road and 3-1 at home.  If we can keep winning at home and steal another one  or two on the road we will be fine.  Can't be content yet. We are just coming into our own.

#5 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

This team is built to beat the Patriots just the same as the Giants did - with a ferocious pass rush.  I don't care what QB you have, if you've got pressure in your face, you won't play well.  Carolina is ready to lay Brady on his ass.  It will be a good game.  

#6 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,851 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

Yup, they keep moving the goalposts.

I'm used to it.

Media chatter doesn't really gall me that much.  I know it does some.

As long as we keep winning... :D

#7 ZeroZeroSeven

ZeroZeroSeven

• ALL-PRO
  • 285 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

I would consider the 49ers O-line the best in football. They don't really have a weakness at any position. Carolina just pooed all over that and pooed on Kaepernicks head in the process (pie to anyone who could photoshop or .gif Kaepernick getting shat on). I would tell Mr. Brady to have the best anal lube he can find available.

#8 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:25 AM

I am so pumped to be going to this MNF game. We are going to layeth the smacketh down on Brady's rudy poo candy ass.

#9 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

Every major media outlet has a headline to the tune of the Panthers being a top team and you guys still whine about respect?

#10 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,923 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:27 AM

This team is built to beat the Patriots just the same as the Giants did - with a ferocious pass rush.  I don't care what QB you have, if you've got pressure in your face, you won't play well.  Carolina is ready to lay Brady on his ass.  It will be a good game.  

bingo. that is the ONLY way you beat the Pats. relentless pressure up the middle, collapse the pocket or don't allow Tommy to get comfortable.

Gronk is the only guy I worry about and we kinda took care of Vernon Davis yest.

#11 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,577 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:28 AM

It's pretty obvious they aren't high on their offensive coordinator or Kaepernick.  I was browsing some 49er forums before and after the game and there's even some fans wishing they had Alex Smith back.  49ers will make the playoffs because they have a top notch defense and solid running game.  Not every team can shut down their offense like Carolina, so that'll win them 10 games.

#12 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,161 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:35 AM

i think we match up especially well with the Pats, don't think they can compete with our physicality. Our front 7 just SHUT DOWN the best rushing attack in the league and sacked one of the most mobile QB's behind the best OL in the league 6 times. 

See you soon Brady... prepare yourself. 

#13 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,851 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

i think we match up especially well with the Pats, don't think they can compete with our physicality. Our front 7 just SHUT DOWN the best rushing attack in the league and sacked one of the most mobile QB's behind the best OL in the league 6 times. 

See you soon Brady... prepare yourself. 

I'd be lying if I said there aren't some games I take more pleasure in winning than others.

Smacking down Brady would be rainbows and unicorns :D

#14 CLTPanther

CLTPanther

This Space for Rent

• HUDDLER
  • 4,946 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:40 AM

Brady is not good when pressured, as seen against NYJ.. If we can get in his face, we have a real good chance at winning as long as Cam is on target

#15 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

the pats...at home....on MNF ‚Äčis the the next major measuring stick, tho. the next major one after that one is beating the saints in new orleans a few weeks later.

then it's getting a playoff win.

screw  the media says, tho. i don't care about them. those are the measuring sticks i'm using. and yes...i'm gonna keep moving those goalposts back and i expect the team to do that as well.

getting over .500 isn't enough. 

proving that they could win a close game, proving that they could beat a top team, proving that they could come back from behind and win...none of it is enough. 

beating the pats at BOA on prime time won't be enough. 

nothing will be enough short of winning it all.

everything so far has been neccessary steps to get where we want to be and it's really cool that we are taking them, but they are all just steps on the way to the top. we have a whole lot more to prove.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com