65 replies to this topic

#46 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

I'll take mine seared over a bed of rice pilaf with a side of seasonal vegetables with a nice raspberry vinegrette dressing.

#47 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,862 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

I've always liked him but thought he was a shitty head coach with little to no hope of ever learning anything.

A few 4th downs, a press conference and five wins later, I find myself trusting him and am now inhaling crow, loving every bite (although there's plenty of time for him to fug up and lose my trust again completely).

fKTlQnd.png

#48 SevenSixes

SevenSixes

Born a moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationAsheville

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:29 PM

For the record, I wanted Ron Rivera fired after last season. 

Fortunately for us, Ron fired Ron Rivera and promoted Riverboat Ron to the HC position. 

It was so frustrating knowing that this team was better than it's record playing to loose each and every weekend, but then Riverboat gave the call to put his trust and his future in these mens hands and they responded.

I'm so glad for both the team and RR. They are finally beginning to show us what we knew about this team all along. 

I'll take my crow in a low country boil even though I'm a mountain man..

Way to go RR, you've found the key to being a great coach, it's about the players not plays..

#49 Shermdog

Shermdog

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

I will admit I was one of the many who voted that Ron should be fired after the Arizona loss. I was pretty pissed and thought the season was pretty much going down the toilet. I should have held out one more week. Sorry Ron.

#50 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:29 AM

I will take my crow with KC masterpiece. Kudos to the staff, whatever happens the rest of the way I didn't expect this.

#51 dos poptarts

dos poptarts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

I would argue that the Rivera I wanted fired (the one that decided to kick a FG @Buffalo) doesn't exist anymore.

#52 MichaelNewtonII

MichaelNewtonII

DRAFT JULIUS RANDLE

• HUDDLER
  • 3,145 posts
  • LocationESPN Studios

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:31 AM

I'll have boneless lemon pepper

#53 MechaZain

MechaZain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

It's delicious

#54 DecrypticShadow

DecrypticShadow

The Sarcastic A**hole Your Mother Warned You About

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:51 PM

Every Panthers fan should sign here.... Including myself... *Slurping crow soup*

#55 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:54 PM

Hot Seat to Coach of the Year candidate?

Me so sorry Ron.

#56 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,112 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:55 PM

I am very happy with Ron right now, but let's wait until we make the playoffs first.

#57 Rules&Regulations

Rules&Regulations

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:59 PM

I'll take the first bite. Perhaps it should be the "eat Ron Rivera crow" thread, because this new coach is completely unrecognizable. I didn't think he had it in him and I was one of his biggest detractors, so gimme my plate. I'd like some hot sauce and some honey mustard sauce please. Thanks.

Like you said, this isn't the same guy. We were right about Ron Rivera sucking and losing us games, good thing he super saiyan'ed into Riverboat and now we're sitting pretty.

I will say this, I expected the growing pains but thought he'd figure it out sooner than he did. A couple games into this season I gave up on him being able to learn from his mistakes and adapt. For that, I will eat a crow pie.

#58 Rules&Regulations

Rules&Regulations

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

Btw, if you haven't watched his press conference from yesterday yet, you should. He refers to himself in the third person as Riverboat. It's hilarious. A reporter follows by asking if that means he's finally embracing the nickname to which he replies that he's still fighting it...which made me sad again. Not sure why he's so against this, it's all in good fun and it endears him to the fan base.

#59 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

If this team is allowed more time for cohesion and upgrades to the o line and WR positions next year, people will forget all their Lamentations against this staff and happily ride the bliss bandwagon to perennial contender-ville in the years to come.

It's a process

#60 Seltzer

Seltzer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

The Panthers current run is the kind of thing that reenergizes a fan base, and owners always take note of that.  After Arizona, I did not think there was a snowball's chance Rivera would be back next year.

Now, I think I would be shocked if he's not back next year unless the Panthers just have a colossal meltdown over the last 7 games.  What Rivera has built on the defense would be hard to throw out, and while the talent level is high, especially with the front 7, you have to give Rivera all the credit for turning that talent into a dominant group.  And even more impressive is what Rivera has done with the secondary.  I remember reading an article where Rivera basically said in his opinion a system with DB's that could play zone (rather than highly drafted "man-cover" DB's) along with a strong front 7 was the best system in today's NFL with read-option QB's and spread formations.  Rivera also said a lot of highly-drafted DB's don't play much zone in college b/c of their talent and they struggle to do it in the NFL where only a few DB's are good enough to be true "man-cover" guys.  Give the man credit for being right on that.

Besides the building of a dominant defense, this run of winning game is the most fun for me as a Panthers fan since 2003 b/c it has been so unexpected.

In no way am I saying this team will replicate 2003, but it has been 10 years since I felt like the Panthers had the magic they do this year.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I will eat all the crow in the world right now on Rivera- he has my full support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.