74 replies to this topic

#31 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

Also good news is that our DBs are going to benefit from the west coast offense. We've been pressing receivers better than we ever have and with Luke and TD dropping back, we should frustrate Brady and force him to throw checkdowns.

Not trying to call out here, but they don't run a WCO.

It's an Erhardt-Perkins.

That said, they have changed it up from their normal 60 pass 40 run type thing.

We cannot fall behind in this game.

#32 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,752 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

Great point... we can't let them build up any kind of lead.  The D has to hold them down and the offense will have to do some work in this one.  

#33 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,095 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

The only thing that sucks about playing the patriots is that if our defense comes anywhere close to the NFLs golden boy Tom Brady, there will be 15 yards penalties all game long on bullshit calls. We'll have to be really careful but hopefully they'll call a fair game

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#34 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

The only thing that sucks about playing the patriots is that if our defense comes anywhere close to the NFLs golden boy Tom Brady, there will be 15 yards penalties all game long on bullshit calls. We'll have to be really careful but hopefully they'll call a fair game

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

When we hit him, they are going to throw flags.

If you know that already, then make them count.

If I was Big Money, I would tell every person on the D Line, you get fined, I will pay for it.

#35 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,982 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

Great point... we can't let them build up any kind of lead.  The D has to hold them down and the offense will have to do some work in this one.  

If they get quick start, and we don't, it will be awfully hard to come back.

That team is just too well coached.

#36 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:24 PM

Have to remember that their weapons are healthy now, fully healthy and chemistry has developed between him and his rookie receivers, plus you give Tom two weeks to prepare, especially now that his throwing hand is finally healthy and not swollen and you have your hands full, it doesn't matter how great the defense is, this is not the same offense before week 10, this is an entirely new animal at full strength and hitting on all cylinders that burned an 8th ranked Pittsburgh defense for a franchise high in points given up per one game... and with Shane Vereen, adding him to that equation makes it even harder to defend.  

Good points but to get the ball to them consistently Brady still has to be upright and not running for his life.  How is that OL doing these days?

#37 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

Not trying to call out here, but they don't run a WCO.

It's an Erhardt-Perkins.

That said, they have changed it up from their normal 60 pass 40 run type thing.

yea, i was really just trying to imply that they call high percentage passes, which are short in nature.

#38 tailgater

tailgater

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

The OL has been more suspect than in past years, but much of that has been due to Brady hesistating throwing the ball.He didn't trust his new complement of targets.

Some of that was in his head, but a lot of it was just the truth - his rookies needed time to gell with him. Last week was the first time he looked like his old self.

As a Pats diehard, I'm hoping it continues.

Good points but to get the ball to them consistently Brady still has to be upright and not running for his life.  How is that OL doing these days?

#39 tailgater

tailgater

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:09 PM

When we hit him, they are going to throw flags.

If you know that already, then make them count.

If I was Big Money, I would tell every person on the D Line, you get fined, I will pay for it.

As has been pointed out, he's been hit A LOT this year. Thats led to one RTP flag all season (against the bengals).

#40 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,508 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

Yes but they just dropped 55 on the 8th ranked defense in the league.

And the 49ers were dropping 30 on their last 5. How much did that influence what they did to us?Pittsburgh is all over the board.  They gave up 40 to Chicago and 34 to Minnesota.  

Lets remember it was 24-24 with 7 minutes left in the third quarter.  Then the wheels came off.  I don't see us doing that.

#41 tailgater

tailgater

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:17 PM

If they get quick start, and we don't, it will be awfully hard to come back.

That team is just too well coached.

I'm curious to see if the Pats will defer if they win the coin toss. 90% of the time they do, but this week? BB might decide to try to try to take an early lead to reduce the crowds impact.

Also want if they go hurry up, and put Brady in the shotgun. they've done the former a few times this year, but they haven't been in Shotgun nearly as much as in the past.

Have the Pathers faced a Pats-type hurryup this season? When executed well, it can put a huge strain on even the best defenses, especially those that sub out a lot.

#42 tailgater

tailgater

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:21 PM

Agreed. Pittsburg is not the same team, especially the same defense, as they've been in the past. Their pass rush is nothing like the old days.

And the 49ers were dropping 30 on their last 5. How much did that influence what they did to us?Pittsburgh is all over the board.  They gave up 40 to Chicago and 34 to Minnesota.  

Lets remember it was 24-24 with 7 minutes left in the third quarter.  Then the wheels came off.  I don't see us doing that.

#43 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,060 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

Pittsburgh is not the #8 defense.  Not even close.  They have one of the worst defenses in the league really. 

They were 24th in the league in TDs given up per drive and 27th in points given up per drive, as well as 18th in yards allowed per drive.  All while playing mostly offensively challenged teams.

Some of those number will be better after this past Sunday, but Pittsburgh's defense is not very good.

I think the two keys will be:

Pressure:  Brady will dice you up if you let him scan the field, or allow time for double moves.  The Panthers have done a good job getting to the QB before those things can even happen all year and even Brady can get jittery when there is pressure.  Our DTs will be more important than our DEs in the pass rush.  Brady loves to step up and deliver a strike with pressure, but when he can't step up he has a tendency to surrender the play.  He can't have room to step up.  The DTs have to get push on passing plays.

Keep NE out of the endzone:  The Panther's defense are 2nd in the NFL in points allowed in the redzone, 3rd in TDs not allowed up per redzone trip, and 1st in TD/FG ratio.  New England's offense however, even with the Pitt game, are 17th in points per redzone visit, 17th in TDs per redzone visit, and 26th in TD/FG ratio.

Point being, they can move the ball, but have had issues in the redzone.  We have proven to be stingy when teams have gotten into our redzone.  That trend needs to continue.  Brady will move the ball.  We have to limit him to FGs and not TDs.

#44 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,508 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

I'm curious to see if the Pats will defer if they win the coin toss. 90% of the time they do, but this week? BB might decide to try to try to take an early lead to reduce the crowds impact.

Also want if they go hurry up, and put Brady in the shotgun. they've done the former a few times this year, but they haven't been in Shotgun nearly as much as in the past.

Have the Pathers faced a Pats-type hurryup this season? When executed well, it can put a huge strain on even the best defenses, especially those that sub out a lot.

Read somewhere on one of the Pats boards by one of the guys who cover the Pats that they wouldn't be running the hurry up and hadn't done it much this year.  The receivers have to know the offense inside and outside to run it and with all the rookies and shuffling, it couldn't be done effectively.

#45 tailgater

tailgater

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Read somewhere on one of the Pats boards by one of the guys who cover the Pats that they wouldn't be running the hurry up and hadn't done it much this year.  The receivers have to know the offense inside and outside to run it and with all the rookies and shuffling, it couldn't be done effectively.

For the most part, thats true. They've used it much less than last year, but the one game they did use it (Saints), it was very effective and put them on their heels the entire game.

Doing it on the road, against a stellar defense , with the crowd in the game, will probably reduce any chance of seeing it this week, but with Amendola, Gronk & Vereen back, anything is possible.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.