#61 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,680 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

Our O-Line was crazy good last year, everyone saw what Gio & Co. did running behind them. Good signing.

As in UNC, I should've clarified. 

#62 PantherFanOne

PantherFanOne

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts
  • LocationRock Hill S.C.

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

( "The nickname "Tree Top" also shows you how his teammates feel about his intimidating size.")

Sounds like 007 may be somewhat of a project but with the proper coaching he could possibly turn into a decent backup guard/tackle.

#63 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

I have a feeling that OT will be addressed via the draft while RG will be sorted out from what we currently have

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#64 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,166 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

fine by me, he's a project reminds me a bit of our own Kugzilla

#65 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

So you're telling me there's a chance....

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationAspin, Colorado

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

I like his name. Hope he can play.

I felt the same about McNutt

#66 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,480 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

This is the move I called for instead of the dumb ass idea of moving Fua to the O-Line.

A week late, but better than never.

Well, the Fua move was only a one week stop gap from the get go. He was only ever going to play as, literally, the last offensive lineman available. But getting him some snaps and making him the last ditch o-lineman option allowed for the scouting team and Gettleman to scour preseason and collegiate film to find exactly the lineman that they wanted to pluck away - rather than just making a snap decision based on a immediate need.

#67 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,262 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:44 AM

Interested to see how it works out in practice. The guy is definitely a monster.

Projects are calculated risks. I trust gett knows all about risk-reward and I applaud him for giving the situation due time to properly weigh all options and pulling the trigger. He could have done much worse by knee-jerking into a wasted deal given the dire situation with Scott going down. Or just as bad, he could of looked around and not turned over anything and stood pat.

He did something right in between and has impressed me yet again.

Action in the face of crisis that is neither reactionary nor is it without all hope for success.

Good job !

#68 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,657 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:30 AM

Superb owl

#69 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,284 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:31 AM

I have a feeling we're gonna try him at RT and play him at guard only if needed. We have too many guys that can play all three inner positions. No one besides Nate Chandler to play RT behind Bell. Who is also the backup LT.

#70 Jmac

Jmac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:58 AM

DG has the plan and I trust in his football smarts and talent evaluation.He gets the most bang for every buck spent.With time this guy can be a road grader..smart move

#71 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,699 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

Bond seems to have potential, but some of you seem a little too stoked over a player who could go either way.  

G-man has done an overall adequate job so far at acquiring talent, but let's not go overboard. What he does through the following next two drafts will give us a more complete picture by which to judge his success.

#72 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,182 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

Bond seems to have potential, but some of you seem a little too stoked over a player who could go either way.  

G-man has done an overall adequate job so far at acquiring talent, but let's not go overboard. What he does through the following next two drafts will give us a more complete picture by which to judge his success.

Folks are "Stoked" over Bond for two very important reasons. One, things are going our way right now. The breaks, bounces, and WTF? moments are all, or mostly, going our way. So why not for Bond as well. If we can get Chandler to play decent, what should we be able to do with a kid who already has the basics?

Two, he gots that cool last name.

To be honest, I don't see Gman needing that long. He has proven to know talent, and definitely knows value. He has already filled in the bottom of the roster well, cuz depth is as good as its ever been round here. And he improved that Cap mess.

So far, he has proven to be capable of getting us where we want to go. I see no reason to think he will suddenly revert to a hurndog mentality.

How he addresses the O-line is huge in my book. As is finding a Stud at WR, and CB. Fill those three holes this off-season, and we are scary good. Throw in a TE that can actually play and produce, we are true Super Bowl Contenders.

Gonna be nuts up in here this off-season. Gettlemen will have had the whole year to evaluate, he should sit down, write out his plan, and let's get this party started.

Find us our late 1st round Stud WR. Grab that Stud CB in the 2nd. Bring in a LT for the future, and to move Gross to RT. A TE that can produce would be icing on the pie.

Can he do that in one off-season? Why the fug Not? After all, things are going our way, why not take advantage of that fact.

Of course, I reserve the right to qualify this statement at any time if Gman looks to be faltering.

#73 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

Mr. Scot approves of this man's ugliness.

#74 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,758 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:44 PM

Mr. Scot approves of this man's ugliness.

:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.