Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jersey buying - An advice thread

98 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

BTW, after buying jerseys with the same results, I bought custom authentic jerseys so I don't have to replace them. Mine says JUMP ZONE with the #24. Contrary to another poster's comments, doing this is not lame. I will never be cut, traded, or injured. If you order a replica you should be good. I ordered an authentic (whatever they are called now) and things were good until I put it on. Both of the shoulder numbers we visible from the front. I sent it back to N FL Shop and made them reposition the numbers so be forewarned if you go with a top shelf jersey. When you get it in, take a picture and share.

Are you the dude that Josh Norman jumped up to during this year's preseason game?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I have mentioned a time or two that I really tend to jinx a players career when I purchase their authentic jersey. I have an Otah, Peppers, Beason, Delhomme, & Smith. Smith is the only one that didn't implode or leave the team after my purchase. So I am getting ready to buy a new one and I figured instead of jinxing a player, I'd jinx myself. I've never been a big custom jersey guy but this is for the future of our team so I must do it. I'm going to go with the number 95. Now I just need a name to go with it on the back. I'm considering:
KeepPounding
SuckItSaints
StlrFansSuk
WillNotSitDown

Or, I might just order a Hoover 45 since I can't jinx him. I need some ideas.

I would go with:

Will Poop For Food

Or go with He hate Me and always sit next to a fan from the opposition.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Are you the dude that Josh Norman jumped up to during this year's preseason game?

Yep, that is me. BTW, he signed my jersey when I was on the field in SF last week.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Public Crapper

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Dude, that is an excellent suggestion. Holy fug how did I not think of that?

Only problem is when I buy a guys jersey bad poo seems to happen. That's why I'm considering going custom, even if some think its lame.

on that note, wait until he retires!

Posted · Report post

Have you considered DatAlice?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

only when shopping for a man purse.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Don't these Nike jerseys run smaller than the reebok?

The authentic ones run larger. I wore a 56 Reebok and a 54 Nike fits me perfect.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Here's an idea. Don't buy a jersey. Just get a couple cool Panthers shirts.

Posted · Report post

Here's an idea. Don't buy a jersey. Just get a couple cool Panthers shirts.

Man I waved goodbye to cool about 6 years ago.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

You should be able to buy either a Delhomme,Davis,Peppers,Greene,Minter,etc Jersey at most thrift stores if you look hard enough,plus save yourself a lot of money.

i found a rucker jersey at a thrift store

Posted · Report post

FUA?

they are going to retire fuas jersey so that could be a good one! :D

Posted · Report post

i seriously just realized i havent bought a jersey since they changed the logo... oh well.. guess ill be wearing an old logo smitty jersey in Charlotte monday night.. Anyone know of any good bars or places to watch the game?

Posted · Report post

I'm just worried about ordering the Nike. I have broad shoulders and a wide chest and I don't think the size 52 will fit. That size fits me in the Reebok but I heard these Nike are designed for European shaped dudes.

By European, do you mean in shape? I have a Game jersey, the $100 ones, in Medium and it fits great. I love the more fitted look. I'm 6'0, 180lbs. I can't imagine that the 52 (which is a XXL) could be that small on anyone.

Posted · Report post

I saw a custom Oakland A's jersey here in the Bay Area that had the number 5 and the was "On It". If you're from around here its epic.

You can't go wrong with the willnotsitdown, that's awesome.

Posted · Report post

By European, do you mean in shape? I have a Game jersey, the $100 ones, in Medium and it fits great. I love the more fitted look. I'm 6'0, 180lbs. I can't imagine that the 52 (which is a XXL) could be that small on anyone.

I played o-line in college so I still have some leftover chest and lat gerth.

Posted · Report post

Ima bout get me a MIKE MITCHELL jersey!

Posted · Report post

Ah, I see. Have you tried them on in the store? The sizes go up to 56 (3XL) and even a 60 (4XL) on the Elite jerseys, which is what I assume you are getting. One of those should work out.

Posted · Report post

Here is some advice pretend to be a panther fan then burn Carolina Panthers stuff hehe

what dumb ass burns stuff on dry leaves? Should have burned that morons parents house down.

Posted · Report post

The only true Panthers jersey to own is a Jeff Otah jersey. Eh, I bought a Gamble jersey last year so. . meh. . . but I do feel that it has brought the luck of the DB gods. We're like 12-1 when I wear it or some shit.

Posted · Report post

Scored a $50 Steve Smith 'limited' jersey from Craigslist yesterday. Too small for the guy, worn once,  his loss my gain!

Posted · Report post

the $100 game jersey is super small in the chest and shoulders.

I've seen plenty of fat ass steelers fans wearing what looks like elite jerseys. if they can fit, SCP should have no problem

Posted · Report post

KeepPounding or get a Sam Mills custom.

Sam Mills Custom is unjinxable. Worst case scenario, he comes back to life.